'01 Jeep G. Cherokee Fan & Temp Lights - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 07:21 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

'01 Jeep G. Cherokee Fan & Temp Lights

The lights for the fan speed and the heater temp are burning out one by one on my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Can anyone tell me how I can get into the dash/console to change these lights?

Thanks...
George

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2004, 12:58 PM

Last photo:

keeping the lights burning

Unless you are real good at wiring systems and tracing down shorts, grounds, etc, my recommendation is to take it to your local friendly Jeep dealer, and bite the bullit on the cost.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:51 PM

Only Need to Replace Bulbs...

I think it is just a matter of age that the bulbs have burned out. I do not thnk that there is a short or anything like that. How do I get into the console area to just swap out the bulbs?

Thanks... George
Old 12-15-2004, 03:05 PM

Last photo:

disassemble dash

You will have to look around and find all the various screws, clips, nuts, and bolts that hold the dash together. IF your gauges are in a cluster, on the bezel of your cluster, you should find some sheet metal screws that hold it in. Undo the screws and carefully remove the cluster pod from the dash. The bulbs are small and are either push in or twist in with half turn sockets. If your gauges are all in a cluster, then the cluster pod is all that you will need to remove.

Trying to explain where all the screws are would be difficult, but experience tells me there shouldnt be more than half a dozen screws and they would go through the gauge cluster bezel into the dashboard. Usually they are phillips screws and will need a couple of #2 phillips screwdrivers.

You will need a short and a long screwdriver most likely, for ease of reaching the screws through the steering wheel and around it.

Once you get all the retaining screws out, the pod should come out with out any prying or hammering.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:17 PM

What about the Fan Control Lights?

Thanks for the information. That makes sense for the gauge lights in the dashboard cluster. That process is similar to removing the gauge cluster in the 2nd generation Trans Ams I am restoring.

The lights that seem to have gone out in my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee are the fan speed control light(s). These are located below the radio and in front of the gear selector? How would I get to those lights?

Thanks... George
Old 12-15-2004, 10:46 PM

Last photo:

light on the subject

Most likely your radio is held in by clips that require a couple of U-shaped tools that go into the holes on each side of your radio. You can see them on the facia. This is a new standard way of holding radios in place. These U shaped tools are available at your local auto parts store, for just a coupld dollars. They have a point on each end and just up the shafts from the point you will see a groove all the way around. You insert a U tool in each side of the radio, and push them in til you feel them lock in place. Once this is done you can remove the radio. If you can not reach the lights from through the nicale where the radio was mounted, Im lost.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.