02 sencor - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

the TCC should not engage at all if there is no computer to control it. Unless you have a _REALLY_ early 700r4 that wasn't electronicly controlled..

but what I was saying if he unplugs the carb, the computer _MIGHT_ still operate the TCC system correctly as long as it still gets a VSS signal... but I can't say for sure that it will or won't. (never tried it) i've never played with a CCC/700r4 combo.. just the TH350c

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8oye
the TCC should not engage at all if there is no computer to control it. Unless you have a _REALLY_ early 700r4 that wasn't electronicly controlled..

but what I was saying if he unplugs the carb, the computer _MIGHT_ still operate the TCC system correctly as long as it still gets a VSS signal... but I can't say for sure that it will or won't. (never tried it) i've never played with a CCC/700r4 combo.. just the TH350c
It won't! The torque converter clutch solenoid will 'wander', and not engage the 'clutch' fully.

The TCI kit, installed correctly' enables a 2004R/7004R to engage the torque converter clutch in a non-computerized application.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Loving God living in the South

Last photo:

Okay so what is this "kit" how much and where are they? "I'm not going to pay a lot for this muffler" I just had to say that, I remembered the old tv ad. Sorryhttp://www.hotrodders.com/forum/ I might just weld in a bung and forget I ever thought of removing the 02. If I do I'll have to keep fighting for better performance.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Here is a link

http://www.summitracing.com/search/b.../?autoview=SKU
Old 04-26-2010, 11:43 AM

Last photo:

What do you mean the tcc clutch will "wander"

it's either ON.. or it's OFF.. there is no inbetween on a 700r4.

if the computer can't/won't control the solonoid w/o the carb, it will be off and stay off. but I was just thinking about it.. and you are right it won't be able to control the solonoid properly.. w/o a TPS the computer won't be able to appropriately time the unlock.. and if you loose the MAP too.. then it has no idea at all what to do except based on VSS.

find a wiring diagram.. you don't need to spend the $$$ on the kit (unless you want to, there's nothing wrong it it.. just $$$)

all you need is a toggle switch on 12v to the solonoid.. just gotta remember to turn it on and off yourself!

but then you also need a NON CCC qjet (those are easy to find) if you want more power, I'd reccomend holley.. I say again that I LOVE qjet's, but they don't take well to modified engines w/o finding a good carb shop who knows what they are doing. their biggest short coming being the incredibly restrictive fuel inlet design.... I miss my QJet for driving on the street.. but the holley performs soo much better on the track.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:58 PM

Last photo:

I need to tell you, I'm only doing thig as a learning experance, I will sell this truck if anyone wants it. I wanted to learn more about modern autos, and with your help I have. I think a toggle switch would work if I was keeping the truck. Since I plan to sell it I need to do a little better. 80 for the kit is the way to go. my next question is when I replace the CCC Qjunk and use a non CCC carb how will it connect to the trans?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 AM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelman55
I need to tell you, I'm only doing thig as a learning experance, I will sell this truck if anyone wants it. I wanted to learn more about modern autos, and with your help I have. I think a toggle switch would work if I was keeping the truck. Since I plan to sell it I need to do a little better. 80 for the kit is the way to go. my next question is when I replace the CCC Qjunk and use a non CCC carb how will it connect to the trans?

At this point the check engine light, or service engine soon light will be on. The computer can no longer control the torque converter clutch accurately.

In installing this kit you take the computer command out of the loop. You get a new (2 pole)4th gear pressure switch to install. When wired 'up' it will only lock up the converter in 4th gear. The kit also comes with a vacuum switch, when hooked to a ported vacuum source, will only activate the clutch when vacuum is applied in 4th gear.

I use the power wire from the factory connector, and the replacement connector has a green wire also, that you can hook up to a brake switch to disengage the clutch also.

As a side note: The splice connectors in the kit are a pain to install. They are a screw together type, and they will push the wire out. I just use 'crimp' connections instead.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM

Last photo:

Are the distruction with the kit? I am fairly mechanically inclined (meaning I screw up a lot of things) and should be able to handle this with a little guideance. Now what is a good or should I say the better carb to use that is not a CCC and will I be able to remove the EGR and plug the hole? You have been a great help, Thanks.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
Are the distruction with the kit? I am fairly mechanically inclined (meaning I screw up a lot of things) and should be able to handle this with a little guideance. Now what is a good or should I say the better carb to use that is not a CCC and will I be able to remove the EGR and plug the hole? You have been a great help, Thanks.
The instructions are included!

As far as a good carb to use, the last one (I just did last Saturday) had a 1405 Edlebrock, manual choke I converted to electronic, on it. It was a LS1 5.7L in a 1989 Camaro RS. It got towed in from 70 miles away, and ran just fine driving away. It had no sensors at all on it, plain long tube headers, and a cleaned out catalytic converter.

Any carb of your choice will work just fine.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 PM

Last photo:

as far as your trans linkage goes.. as long as the non CCC carb has the same throttle arm on it.. they will interchange just fine.

if you switch to a holley, you need to get the correct brackets from holley to make sure that 700 works correctly.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:47 AM

Last photo:

I'm going to look for an Edlebrock 650 cfm I think I can find one that needs a rebuild for a good price. Is that the only items controlled by the ecm?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:00 AM

Last photo:

I found a thread on the chevy truck forum that shows this diagram:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diagram_no_tow.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	45483  
Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
I found a thread on the chevy truck forum that shows this diagram:

That diagram shows the 2 pole 4th gear pressure switch I mentioned that comes in the kit. Most, not all, came with a single pole switch which will need to be replaced.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:51 AM

Last photo:

I've heard lots of folks say this is the route to take, and get rid of the 02, EGR, and CCC carb. I'm game if I can get the wifey to loan me the dough.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 AM

Last photo:

yeah.. that CCC carb was just horrible from the beginning.. I wouldn't ditch the EGR if you can avoid it.. it helps with highway mpg's just a bit..
but I'm not sure how much trouble egr would be with a carb...

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.