Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

040 sb chevy heads?

13K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MI2600 
#1 ·
i just bought another 400 block & it came with 3 sets of heads at no extra charge so i took them all. i know what all the others are, but i haven't heard of the 040 (not 041) heads. they look like a 462 or 291 but their not double hump heads. they don't have acc. bolt holes, they look to have a 64-68cc chamber with good looking runners, & 1.94-1.50 valves. i figure their 327 heads, but i would like all the info i can get on them (runner size-ect.) any of you ever built a motor & used these heads? have any luck? what are they worth? thanks all.

#2 ·
The only info I have on 040 heads is obviously not what you have (full casting number 1018540) These are splayed valve, aluminum Bow Tie heads:263cc ports (1st version) 240cc ports (2nd version), angle plug, 45cc chamber, symmetrical port. Can't find anything on cast iron heads. Do they have the correct steam holes for the 400 block?

By the way, I frequent Rivertrace Golf Course on Wed Pm occasionally. If you get out that way, I will be in my coupe or pickup (Avtar) when the weather is nice. Don't play if the weather is below 50 or if there is a chance of salt still being on the road across the mountains.

Trees

#4 ·
trees said:
The only info I have on 040 heads is obviously not what you have (full casting number 1018540) These are splayed valve, aluminum Bow Tie heads:263cc ports (1st version) 240cc ports (2nd version), angle plug, 45cc chamber, symmetrical port. Can't find anything on cast iron heads. Do they have the correct steam holes for the 400 block?

By the way, I frequent Rivertrace Golf Course on Wed Pm occasionally. If you get out that way, I will be in my coupe or pickup (Avtar) when the weather is nice. Don't play if the weather is below 50 or if there is a chance of salt still being on the road across the mountains.

Trees
i live about 3 miles from Rivertrace Golf Course. it's a nice place, but i don't golf. if they would add a shooting range (or a drag strip, or a strip club lol) i would be there everday.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.