Hot Rod Forum banner

06 Cadillac Power seats in 50 Chevy PU

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hduff 
#1 ·
Guys,
I'm a real novice at wiring but have installed anew harness in this Chevy and have now (perhaps naively) purchased a real nice looking set of 06 Cadillac DTS seats with center console from a salvage yard. They have heat/ cool and I don't know how many ways power and of course air bags and seat belt warnings I'm sure.

I really don't care about any functions other than the basic seat movements.
Is there a simple way to wire for these basic functions using the seat controls on the side of the seat?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd start by asking someone you know that works at a shop that has all data or something to print out the wire diagram so you can see what the pin out of that connector is.. I'd also go get the other half of that connector if you didn't grab it..

with the controls in the seat you might get lucky and just power and ground.. I doubt it tho. the module more than likely reverses polarity to get the motors to go forward and backwards.. you make need to go back and get that.. I'd get the wire diagram first tho..

36 pin plug... I'm betting on needing the module..
I'd get it and the harness that connects the seats to it..

#3 ·
memory seat

Typically the driver’s seat has a memory feature that uses the cars computer to control relays. These relays provide power to the positioning motors. However, the passenger seat does not have the memory feature but is controlled directly by switches to power the positioning motors.
The driver’s seat needs to be converted to a system like the passenger seat using switches that can be wired directly to the motors.

vicrod

#4 ·
i did this on my 58 truk
cut off the big plug, find 2 wires that go to each motor those are the only wires you will use
all the other wires are for seat belt buzzer, memory location or seat heaters
look at the pass seat switch to figure out what wires go where or use a multimeter to check the switch
the existing switch may not take the load you will need a switch like the pass seat, try the oem switch first

2 wires for each motor; hot and ground in, both wires will show grounded thru the switch in the neutral position
the switch will apply 12v+ to each wire depending on the position of the switch, similar to power window switches

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.