Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The #1 Thing YOU Can Do to Improve the Lounge
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

bowtiebabe (just replied to your post in another thread too) -- I pretty much agree with all that you're saying. However, I can see the tech decline as a result of the increase in chattiness. I also want us to be UNIQUE! There are tons of places on the net where you can go and shoot the breeze. The younger members are attracted by a lax attitude, but the older members are repelled by it. It's tough to strike the proper balance.

The point you mentioned about things "in moderation" seems very accurate to me. I believe that we are no longer in moderation, and we need to take action to move back into balance.

bullheimer -- I agree that it is potentially confusing. I have just changed the Lounge description from "A place to hang out and discuss non-automotive stuff." to "A place to hang out and discuss non-tech stuff." This allows for automotive discussion of a non-specific technical nature. We can further clarify down the line, if necessary. Let me know if you get an idea as to how to better describe the similarity without confusion.

Ghetto Jet -- we'll start the bidding at 17 cents .