Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The #1 Thing YOU Can Do to Improve the Lounge
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 12:13 PM

Last journal entry: Slow progress
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Beenaway2long
Kudos Jon !

A thought just popped into my head (Talk about a needle in a haystack). Perhaps a compromise of sorts. (?) In "The Dump" pinned to the top (or bottom), an open thread or two perhaps to allow the "refuse" that is not desired in public view? You would have to be "in the know" to navigate to it, if you really felt the need. A little more lax in moderating (R) to satisfy the needs of some? Again, just 1 or 2 threads that could be added to. And you'd have to look to find it. This way no one sees it from casual viewing. Just a thought. Personally, I like what you have have done up until the Sway era. (not blaming her, just identifying the time frame) Its just a glitch. Glad to see we got "a patch"!

Jeff
I tend to agree except I think you will have to limit it to people with say 100 posts or so. (and not all trivial posts either. In addition, if anyone under 18 wants to read or post there they should have a specific ok from a parent or guardian. ( sorry '40 and the rest of you younger guys, but it's nearly like hanging out in a bar or a pool hall in a way.)
I suspect that this is not worth the trouble but it's an idea.

Roy.