Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The #1 Thing YOU Can Do to Improve the Lounge
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Get out the ducktape...

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Front brakes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I know as a young guy on here that a lot of times my posts are looked at as flaring up in defiance of authority. Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. Please do not take this as ranting or angry in any way.

My thing is this: In real life I have a select group of people that I like to be around, they mostly being car and truck people themselves. When Im around them I dont always talk about rodding stuff, we talk about all aspects of life. We talk about what we did last weekend and even "how many times we picked our noses in the last while" (j/k). The same goes for here. I like to talk to fellow hot rodders about all things. When I view this site I have to scroll down to get to the lounge. I pass the tech forums before I get to the lounge. When I feel like talking tech or have a question I will go to the appropriate tech forum and when I want to talk simple life with some friends I have made over the internet I go to the lounge. Granted I agree with most of you about not liking to see all the drama on here, It is funny to me but it can get old. I do however like to casually talk with these folks about mine and their lives as I would with my friends in real life. I am a big poster in "No Topic" I will admit because it is like a common forum for most of the lounge crew to "shoot the breeze". This site is usually a big relaxation to my very stressful days. I understand an owner's point of view because this site reflects on you Jon as a person. It's just nice to have a fairly loose place to go and "lounge" around.