Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The #1 Thing YOU Can Do to Improve the Lounge
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

I pretty much agree with you chevelle_502. A place to hang out and relax is a part of a healthy, complete online community. It's mostly an issue of balance for me, and that perfect balance is so hard to find.

Those "no topic" threads are fine, and so is posting in them. We just can't let them be our meat-and-potatoes. If we could convince our younger members to start interesting, helpful, and meaningful threads, we could let the "no topic" stuff slide a bit, and nobody would mind.

Members can easily click on our custom-made "Hot Rod News" link at the bottom of this page, and find some good fodder for discussion. Or grab some stuff from a decent automotive history page -- I know there's a ton of Ford stuff online, and I'm sure there's plenty of interesting auto history in other online sources. Then, when younger members got attacked for only posting "fluff", they could say: "Hey! I also posted that cool topic about automotive history, and that article about new developments in the hotrodding world, etc.".