$10.50 spraygun- what a bargain! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 08:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

$10.50 spraygun- what a bargain!

I was on ebay surfing through all the apraygun auctions a little while back and put a bid on this no-name touchup gun. Won the gun for a measly $10.50 and just laughed thinking this thing must be junk. Well it came in the other day and I tried it out last night. Looking at the thing I was very impressed. It sprayes very well! More for detail work than anything with a maximum fan width of about 3" but it actually works really good. It's amazing what is available nowadays for cheap. Don't be afraid to purchase one of these guns- sprays better than some of the guns I've paid $150+ for. Bob

$10.50 LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2005, 10:33 PM

Last journal entry: Nitroplate
Last photo:

That gun is a knockoff of an Iwata LPH-50.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

Wow, A .6 tip? Heck, You could almost airbrush with that thing.

Hummm??? My old siphon touch up bit the dust tonight so I might have to check one of these out.
I want a LPH-100 but that might be awhile coming.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:15 AM
The Penny Pincher

Last journal entry: Hanging Bumpers
Last photo:

I've noticed the same thing, seems the little "touch-up"
guns usually spray really well. I've had a few different cheapies
and they all have sprayed exceptionally well.
Maybe it's something to do with the small tip size.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 AM
GM Muscle

Last photo:

Knockoffs are amazing. I am kind of a tool guy and love buying them. I hate cheap tools and normally wont touch them. I needed a touch up gun so bought a $99 kit that had a normal size HVLP and a small touch-up HVLP. I was reluctant to buy it but did anyway.

I needed to to spray some tough locations on a floor pan and it worked great, not to mention for everything else I have used it it. I am going to use it till it dies and toss it
Old 07-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Last photo:

I just won the bid on the same gun for $12.50. Looks like a neat little gun for detail work. Will post a review on it when I receive it.

Vince
Old 07-17-2005, 06:20 AM

Last photo:

You will love that gun!

I have a friend that is bringing that gun and the 400 copy into the country.
They both spray as good or better than the gun they copied.

One jobber of mine has sold WELL over a 100 of the little guns and said has not had one complaint.

Also, he brings these guns in, in the colors of Green, Blue and Chrome.
so if you see a different color gun for a better price, jump on it as they are the same except the color.

Last edited by BarryK; 07-17-2005 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:50 AM
Last photo:

[QUOTE=BarryK]You will love that gun!

I have a friend that is bringing that gun and the 400 copy into the country.
They both spray as good or better than the gun they copied.
QUOTE]

Thanks Barry, have you visited the web site and seen all the knockoffs it has? If so, which one would be the one to buy for a finish gun?

Thanks
vince
Old 07-17-2005, 08:29 AM

Last photo:

The Iwata LH 1.4 400 copy, I know Bondo king got one and he should be reporting how it sprays, soon.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
The Iwata LH 1.4 400 copy, I know Bondo king got one and he should be reporting how it sprays, soon.
OK, but which one is it, me not being familiar with the Iwata line?

Vince
Old 07-17-2005, 05:23 PM

Last photo:

That looks like a nice gun in the link for $10.
I.M.H.O. another good one is the Astro guns and they spray as well as a Sata for the versions that somewhat copied SATA. The advantage is the Astro is a lot cheaper then Sata. The Sata Parts are also very expensive. The problem is the ASTRO guns and parts are going up in price now. The initial appeal for ASTRO was the lower cost and excellent spray quality for being on the cheap. Astro even has a copy of the IWATA guns.
Look at the EVO4014 and EVO4018 guns.
http://www.astrotools.com/cat.asp?cat=3&sub=4

http://www.spraygunworld.com/products/Astro/index.htm

Don't doubt those other import guns might be good guns. After all SATA, IWATA, Some DeVilbiss in Whole or Part for origin and most other paint guns are imports too. The Chinese can afford to make things cheaper while using Other People's Research and Developments and they have basically no over head for cost of labor or benefits when it comes to their workers unlike Here and Some Other Countries.

I heard the Chinese are going to start making paint and shipping it over here next. Most of the major paint manufacturer's have been rushing over there to setup manufacturing facilities. The wonderful thing about China is they might be making Dupont Paints in a Trade Mark Manufacturing Facility then right next door in another building making the same exact paint for a different label at a reduced cost for exporting too. The same goes for MANY other products. Who is going to stop the Chinese from CopyRight and Patent Infringements if they make most everything that people import?

This IWATA Copied paint gun is listed at $65.95 for a Buy It Now Price. Imagine if that everday buy it now price was a lot higher.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...26228&tc=photo
Would imagine that EBAY description is a bit mis-leading for stating those Copy guns are made on the same milling machines and equipment as the IWATA as if to indicate they came from The Same Factory.

Imagine if that same Iwata Copied gun jumps up to $300+ for a price because it is so popular. Would it be worth the price then? It is a CATCH 22. Spend what some people consider to much money on the Real Thing or buy the Cheaper Version that could zoom up in price AFTER the REAL THING DISAPPEARS. It is a CATCH 22.

What really makes an expensive paint gun worth the extra money in the first place?

Also noticed that Ebay seller with the Iwata Copy guns has some Sata Copy Guns too. Also some PEARLS at a good price. Should be noted have seen their website before and their PEARLS have gone up in price. I wonder if they can get some good quality whole sale priced paint from China next? That should be next. Check out this EBAY store.
THEIR EBAY STORE
Old 07-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Last photo:

The buy it now price is just that, buy it now. When they go on the bid they always sell for less than the buy it now price.

Vince
Old 07-18-2005, 01:58 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:

Boys i only have one hand to type here due to surgery ihad 3 days ago.. Iam going to start another thread regarding this same Iwatta 1.4 400.. I have the same gun as in the ebay pics only i have the 6 liter al. cup. So far I am impressed to death with this gun.. My ole buddy Jim is going to have to help me run some test with this gun, and i will try and compare it to others

BK

Edit : please bare with me, it will be slow going on my end
Old 07-18-2005, 03:24 PM
point on positive

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timer
What really makes an expensive paint gun worth the extra money in the first place?
A "Good" gun would be one that can be taken apart for cleaning 3 & 4 times a day everyday for years on end and still go back together tight ,,not leak air, drip onto panels etc..

A "Bad" gun is one that sprayed ok the first couple times and then stops coming apart easy for cleaning because the threads wear and soon is dripping onto panels. They'll advertise stainless steel tips but what it screws into is another story..
Old 07-18-2005, 09:47 PM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=milo]A "Good" gun would be one that can be taken apart for cleaning 3 & 4 times a day everyday for years on end and still go back together tight ,,not leak air, drip onto panels etc..

For the price these things are selling for I'd think if it lasted a production painter one year he should be happy, for a do it yourselfer that may not pick up the gun very often it may last a lifetime. I've got premium guns and also off brand junkers, there's been only a few off brand guns that gave me problems along with a Sharpe piece of junk. The little $10.50 gun I just bought looks quality through and through- nice machining etc. Bob

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.