Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 100% Builders - stand up and be counted!
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 07:33 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I might qualify. I have done about every thing except the machine work on the motor and sewing on the upholstery (I have install the materials after they have been sewn). I have not built an auto tranny on my own, but have under the guidance and use of my tranny builders shop and tools. All body work, painting, frame and suspension work, glass installation, wiring from scratch and with generic kits, a lot of design and fabrication of parts and pieces, basic machine work, welding, frame and suspension modifications. I have not narrowed a rear end because what I build does not require this (I'm not in love with Ford 9"). I do not set up my 3rd members, though I have the basic knowledge to do it but not the motivation.
I have not cut any glass, but do all the installation. I have cut and built my own drive shafts before, but take them to the pros now. I do all my own brake work except for turning rotors and drums. Most of the time it is cheaper in the long run to buy new rotors and drums than to true up old worn ones.

Trees