Hot Rod Forum banner

100 Greatest albums = Great cruzin music.

724 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rob Keller 
#1 ·
My brother-in-law got me this book "100 Greatest Albums" by VH1 for Christmas. I love music but didn't get into the book for a month or so after it sat there on the coffee table.

One day I picked it up and read what they had to say about an album or two that I had and I was hooked. The guy sounded like me talking so I figured I would have to like some of the others he had picked. This book covers a lot of music, from Iggy Pop to James Taylor to Sex Pistols to Ray Charles.

So, what I did was start buying used CDs at the local used record store, one or two every week on pay day. :)

From the very begining I started buying ones that I had never really been into, heard the songs a little but never would have went out and bought it. I wanted to branch out from what I had bought over the years.

I have really missed out on some GREAT stuff over the years! Elvis Costello, Paul Simon "Graceland", Miles Davis, (HOLY CRAP, that is GOOD STUFF), Aretha Franklin (OH MY GOD!). I have bought a number of others that I don't like, but I am glad I bought them so I understand them a little like Public Enemy "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" and Bob Dylan (I never liked him, know I REALLY don't like him). Miles Davis really opened my eyes to improvisational Jazz. I never got it, didn't like it, yawn. But now, after learning something about the genre I LOVE it. They are amazing musicians!

Anyway, just thought I would pass along this great way of getting into music you may not have listened to before. I no longer listen to talk radio, I will put a Cd in and just cruise to work and beyond enjoying something new.

Brian

See less See more
#2 ·
If your a insomniac like I . You've seem those Time Warner Decade hits lists man I want to owner all them from the 50 Thru the 80's & 90's but your right there are tons of great songs that never get played on 24/24 radio anymore
{24/24 radio?} the same 24 songs 24 hours A day :rolleyes:

I heard of this file share of fox fire .. IDUNNO but its music file sharing for free but other get into your PC I dont know if I want anyone in my new PC but I'm gonna try my hand at burning the music I do have for now & see how that works

F M = free music
X M + xpensive music

R :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.