100 Greatest albums = Great cruzin music. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
100 Greatest albums = Great cruzin music.

My brother-in-law got me this book "100 Greatest Albums" by VH1 for Christmas. I love music but didn't get into the book for a month or so after it sat there on the coffee table.

One day I picked it up and read what they had to say about an album or two that I had and I was hooked. The guy sounded like me talking so I figured I would have to like some of the others he had picked. This book covers a lot of music, from Iggy Pop to James Taylor to Sex Pistols to Ray Charles.

So, what I did was start buying used CDs at the local used record store, one or two every week on pay day.

From the very begining I started buying ones that I had never really been into, heard the songs a little but never would have went out and bought it. I wanted to branch out from what I had bought over the years.

I have really missed out on some GREAT stuff over the years! Elvis Costello, Paul Simon "Graceland", Miles Davis, (HOLY CRAP, that is GOOD STUFF), Aretha Franklin (OH MY GOD!). I have bought a number of others that I don't like, but I am glad I bought them so I understand them a little like Public Enemy "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" and Bob Dylan (I never liked him, know I REALLY don't like him). Miles Davis really opened my eyes to improvisational Jazz. I never got it, didn't like it, yawn. But now, after learning something about the genre I LOVE it. They are amazing musicians!

Anyway, just thought I would pass along this great way of getting into music you may not have listened to before. I no longer listen to talk radio, I will put a Cd in and just cruise to work and beyond enjoying something new.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2006, 10:20 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

If your a insomniac like I . You've seem those Time Warner Decade hits lists man I want to owner all them from the 50 Thru the 80's & 90's but your right there are tons of great songs that never get played on 24/24 radio anymore
{24/24 radio?} the same 24 songs 24 hours A day

I heard of this file share of fox fire .. IDUNNO but its music file sharing for free but other get into your PC I dont know if I want anyone in my new PC but I'm gonna try my hand at burning the music I do have for now & see how that works

F M = free music
X M + xpensive music

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.