1000c.i. engine?!?!?! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2002, 07:02 PM
At a loss for words

Wiki Edits: 0

Wink 1000c.i. engine?!?!?!

I was watching Horsepower TV during my morning cup of coffee and almost spilled it when I saw the engine they had on there. I can't remember who makes it, but the version they had was a 780c.i. It was absolutely huge! It made a 350 look like a Hot Wheels engine! They said you could get the engine up to 1000c.i. They dyno tested the motor and it made over 750 lbs of torque at 2500RPM!! I think max hp was something like 880 at 5300 RPM!!! Unbelievable... I just can't get over the size of this thing. The valves where HUGE and it took 3:1 roller rockers!
Anyone else see this or here of it by any chance?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2002, 07:37 PM

That was the msot incredible engine i have ever seen.... It is definetely one of the coolest engines ever...

Jordan
Old 04-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I saw it to, I WANT ONE!! I wonder how much we could get for the kids, HONEY-I JUST HAD AN IDEA!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 09:55 PM
At a loss for words

An engine like that makes me scared to even challenge anyone with my 440 at the stop lights! Did you guys hear them keep talking about putting one in that guys Chevelle? That would be awesome. Maybe we should start a fund for that engine. What do you guys think? I mean, come on, it's only a $30,000 engine!!! :p
Old 04-08-2002, 01:17 AM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

Cool

I'm not sure this is the same company because I'm to broke to afford cable, but a few years ago (1997) a company from Long Island NY came out with their V-16 710ci small block the original steel prototype weighed 875lbs produced 725hp and 800ft-lbs with 9:5:1 compression but later made an all aluminum version that was 325 lbs lighter. the companies called High Speed Salvage, 69 windser place, Central Islip, NY, 11722 (516) 348-7070, The adress and phone # is from '97 so I doubt its the same.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:24 AM

Cool

When I was in college I worked as an oiler in a coal mine. My job was to keep a P&H dragline cleaned greased and running smoothly. That machine had 2 CAT deasle engines that were as big as an entire yugo. They were V12s and they made 100 HP per cylinder. Once a monthe the oil and filters was changed. 55 gal of motor oil in each crank case. Now that was an engine! Have no idea what to put it in though.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:05 AM
At a loss for words

Halloween, I'm not sure that they are the same company. This engine was a V8, but I'm sure that a company who made a V16 could pump out quite a V8 engine!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 05:14 PM

Ever seen a Locomotive engine, several profiles
V16, turbo, or dual blowers, fuel injected disel
each cylinder is complete, piston, cylinder, head,4-valves per cylinder, roller rockers, injector assy,either a master rod or articulating
rod,steel crank, external oilpump, waterpump, cooling fans-3-4 each, the motor is 2500 HP
it spinns a generater 650,000 volts, trains are really electric. Theres a electric traction motor on each wheel assy.It's a neat consept for
a rod, hot motor turns a generator, that gives juice to electric motors each wheel, don't have to work motor so hard for fast times
Old 04-08-2002, 09:02 PM

Last journal entry: couple of pics
Last photo:

bugatti is the car maker you seek for the 1000 engine try this linkhttp://www1.bugatti-cars.de/engl/frameset.html
Old 04-09-2002, 07:18 AM
At a loss for words

All right guys, I found the manufacturer. It's All Star Engines. I went to the Horsepower TV website and they had a phone number there but no web address.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:27 PM

Most of the motors used in big ships are bunker fired steam turbines, so they are not relevant to this discussion. But I recently was invited on a tour of one of the larger ferry boats that operate daily on puget sound between Seattle and the near shores. These are powered by diesel motors that are three stories high and they have between two and 4 at each end of the boat. All have externally exposed rocker arms which are about 3 feet long each. I think they do about 400 rpm full tilt. They move the ferry boats along pretty well. In fact, when I was in High School, to win $20 I bet some classmates that I could water ski behind one of them... So we stationed a kid on board with about 200 feet of water ski line and a handle. At the appointed time my buddies towed me behind my ski boat along side and then behind the ferry. My friend tossed the ski rope out and I picked up and transferred my weight from the ski boat to the ferry boat. I skiied along for quite a while with the tourists taking pictures until one of the deck hands cut the tow line. That trick would now get you arrested by the Coast Guard or something worse.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.