Hot Rod Forum banner

10yrs here.........wow!!

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Bad Rat 
#1 ·
I just realized I've been a member on this forum for over 10yrs now. Kinna crazy I remember the RBBO split and long nights cracking jokes w/ halloweenking and chevellegirl and the other old tyme hotrodders forum members and evan using a crappy web TV unit to log on here in 2002 or so.
Like my car I come and go in phases depending on how much I'm gigging w/ my bands and other life stuff.
But holy crap 10yrs on here...........I'm old...

#9 ·
Funny how just like a club or any other group be it Boy Scouts or what ever, there is a roll and tide to the place. I really think it is damn nice around here over the years and right now is one of the best versions of the place if you ask me.

Brian

#7 ·
Bullheimer CNY means Central NY,Yea we got some pretty trees up in the Adirondacks and such,but the Strangulation of small biz and other government hemroids make it a crappy place to live.
But anyways its cool to see a couple names I recognize,Seems now when I log on I'm lucky if I see 1 post by a name I remember. Hotrodders has become a pretty advanced site since the olden days...........waayyyyy back in 2002.....lol
Poncho I turn 33 on the 13th so yes I am getting old.....lol

#10 ·
I can say one thing for sure. The respect shown by the members of this site for each other are unmatched by any of the other sites. That makes all the difference in the enjoyment of "hanging around" whether lurking, asking, or trying to assist. This is indeed a pretty cool place.

John L

#11 ·
John Long you said it. I used to go out on cruise nights were the locals would gather then go to certain place to street race(I know I know!!)but those guys would allways snub me,as I was the guy with the patch primered car with the junkyard jewel,just tryin to have fun on a shoestring.
Here you don't get that snotty BS everyone no matter how much money in there car or how big their shop just seem to want to just hang and do cars....the way it should be.
I know a guy who had one of those goofs spit Ice down his carb.........Thats why I quit tryin to hang,cause if it were me I woulda busted the guys face off his $20K car and not thought twice.
Never in 10yrs have I gotten that kinna crap here.

#12 ·
I still bounce in here every so often. It seems quieter than it was years ago when I was an active member, but I am always surprised at how many older members are still around every time I log in.

My best memories are the two Hotrodders Gatherings we did in 2005 (Ohio) & 2006 (Indy) where I got to meet and hang out with cool members from around the country.

#13 ·
I too am a long time member, since July 2002. I remember a lot of the members from the old days (I don't want to talk about old). I come on the site from time to time just to see what is going on. Maybe Jon could organize a reunion site where all the old timers (not to exclude any member old or new) could come on and chit chat with each other. It was almost like a big happy family.

Al

#15 ·
I'm almost at 9 :drunk:, my past 6 years are non existent. I still log on every now and then to see what's going on. I use to love this forum in 2003-05/06. I remember their was push for tech emphasis and suppression of Lounge talk. The atmosphere changed, I unloaded my project and bought a 99 Cobra and got into the biggest SVT forum. Now I spend most of my internet time on market related forums. I'm glad this place is still here and doing well.

#16 ·
Almost 10 years for me. I used to be really active on the engine forum which is obvious by my thread count. However I'm not on here as much as I used to be for various reasons. I sure wish I could go back to October of 2002 now, I would do some things differently. Even so I weight the same now as I did then I've changed otherwise, the years took my hair and my looks.
Even so I'm only 38 people I meet think I'm 50.

#18 ·
The time has went by rather quickly. Too quickly really. Lot's of members have came and went over the years. One that comes to mind was HotRod Kid or I think that was his name. He took a beating here but stuck it out. He grew up. I don't know whether he is still around or not. I don't frequent the place as much as I used to.

I just noticed it's been ten years for me also.

The last few years have been a blur to me. I lost both parents last year, my wife went through cancer treatments last year. The year before that I had a 6 month cancer scare, and this year I've had five surgeries on my arm and finally had to retire from working. When you have a lot on your plate it really makes time go by fast after the fact.

#19 ·
I looked up the join date I signed up, its been 9 years, and my post count is just a little over 400, cause I mostly only post in the lounge I guess,,
But I havn't been here as much lately, I have better things that need to be done,
I have met some great people here. meet up with a few evrey year of so, and have a good time,
Lets not get into the age thing,, I'm trying to forget that part:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.