Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 12 second Malibu's??.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:09 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
thats great and all, but you are building a iron headed bbc to go 12's
your talking incircles about a 565? and "our" 632..
no idea what thats about.. but you are building a basic bbc to go 12's a 468 will be more than enough. and wouldn't even be breathing heavy..
isn't scott sharoff in your neck of the woods?
I've always had good luck with his stuff.. now if I build my 489 down the road, I'll have reids Engine Rebuilding-Automotive Machine Shop-MA,NH,RI,CT,VT,ME

machine it.. the 30 over and deck, and square .
as there will be no reason to go that far for a basic machining, unless you are going that far for cheap parts.. and I don't like what thats normally about..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
No disrepect intended, but your talking about hunting for BBC parts, your talking about some guy that builds 632ci race motors etc etc
First, do you not work/own/partner at some form of shop that does this for a living? That's what i recall from our previous arguments/discussions
And second.....you know its just a G-Body running high 12's.....
You could do that with the mildest of mild sbc's in that platform....especially given that you said its going to be a track only car with some weight savings done to it....
I'm just confused at this entire thread......
But maybe that's just me
Sorry for the confusion guys.The 565 and 632 is the last three seasons of engines in our RED.That was apart of a running 40 yr partnership in a parts/race business.One that for the race part I'm retiring from.Venturing out again on my own with this Malibu as a retirement ride to go back sort of to my roots and do laps and have fun.

The part about Pat's engines is a insurance marker to no matter what cover any number I choose.N.H.R.A.'s number for sportsman is 12 seconds,but I.H.R.A. is 11.50.Every car I have been involved in for the whole time of the partnership was built to run well under the number we wanted,never running them out the back door.It is a tactic that has served us very well in many,many,9.90 cars.Go figure a 60' time of 1.27 to 1.25 in some of the 9.90 cars.
Same case on the RED.With it on Alky on the bottle for only .0002 pulled a 4.56@150mph in the 1/8th on the 632.

We buy prepackaged deals on the RED for engines and with our parts/SBC 9.90 or 8.90 builds it keeps us fairly busy along with weekly maintenance and the required tunes needed for the RED.Truthfully a bulk of our business came out of racing the 9.90 cars.The RED is a flag ship with a name on it.The current RED is 100lbs lighter and is a smaller BBC which has more hp,but we aren't tell any details about that.

Flipping selling cars is still strong.In the middle of the winter at one time we had in inventory 5 rolling RED's and sold all 5 to get the current one.Still getting requests to build Jr dragster engines too.