Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 13.1 compression Chev 355?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseFink View Post
The only place that sells E-85 where I live in a metropolitan area of over 1-million drivers, is one Kroger Food store. There are some turbocharged ricers that use Kroger Food Store's E85. None of the race shops sells the stuff. If you think your fuel system is prepared correctly and can successfully use alcohol based fuel, use VP M1 or M3 Methanol racing fuel that contain lubrication and combustion additives. M3 is easier on the eyes and nose.

Speed shops in my area sell VP M1, M3 and M5 Methanol racing fuels. VP M5 is what the top alcohol race cars use. My cousin, Mark Talliaferro, uses VP M5 Methanol exclusively in his MARKCO Top Alcohol Dragster.
My prolem as well. E85 is not sold in my area but many in the mid west do sell e85. My local race track sells e85 I am sure that is true for your area too. A lot of race league are moving to e85 for high octane racing. Since its cheap and allows them to claim the green thumb.

Methenol is another animal all together. e85 is ethenol not meth. It packs in more btu's than meth and works a little better with normal engines. Meth is cheaper than eth but its not better for performance or economy. It is what is use in race engine for other reasons. Meth is an oil by product not made from corn.

But for sure a meth conversion will sort all the issues. I am changin my honda over to meth since i found out my local oil company sells meth in 55 gallaon drums deleivered to the house! But its not cheap for street use. about 3 bucks a gallon and only half as many mpg. so it can get costly but will take lots of compression and make good power. also has the effect of cooling the engine so hot days are no sweat.