Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 13.1 compression Chev 355?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
I wouldnt need an engine that is good for traffic or cold weather. This would be a cruiser/street racer. I dont think I want to take apart this combo. The only thing I wanted to do was replace heads to help with detonation. I didnt know if these heads were any good. I wouldnt want to trade anyone for a stock type of motor. 500 hp would be perfect for what I want to do. In fact if what I use is 500 hp is would be the least powerful of the muscle cars I have (2 SuperBees and Shelby GT500). I was just not in love with needing 110 gas.

What do you think this engine combo carb to pan is worth complete?
Well a stock super bee and stock gt500 dont make close to 500 hp. I would think this motor is pretty strong compared to the gt or the 426 hemi.

Price would need to be added up and parts priced. Then add in the machine work and builder time. Add all together and cut it in half since the motor is used and that should be around your price. Or between 2500 to 5k depending on the guts. New with forged internals and all the right toys 15k.