Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Interior (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/interior/)
-   -   14 day Interior ..No money down !! (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/14-day-interior-no-money-down-136017.html)

nitrofc 03-29-2008 05:16 PM

14 day Interior on my 32 ..No money down !!
 
5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few few shots of a 14 day Interior job ..before,gutted & after. No bad for 14 day turn around ... This shop is located in NW NJ

nitrofc 03-29-2008 05:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
a few more

Henry Highrise 03-29-2008 07:33 PM

Thats some fine work. :thumbup: Do you work at this shop?

nitrofc 03-29-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Highrise
Thats some fine work. :thumbup: Do you work at this shop?

No I do not work at this shop ..... It is my car

302 Z28 03-30-2008 07:06 AM

Nice work, looks much better than tweed :pain: .

Vince

jimchevy 03-31-2008 10:29 AM

Wow, that looks great! :thumbup:

LSX Nova 04-03-2008 06:48 AM

Looks very good and much better than before. The material look tight without a lot of sags. Could you expand on the materials they used and about the no money down part, cost, etc.?

RGJ

nitrofc 04-04-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSX Nova
Looks very good and much better than before. The material look tight without a lot of sags. Could you expand on the materials they used and about the no money down part, cost, etc.?

RGJ

Ultraleather .... NO money down means just what it says.. most shops accross the US will ask for a deposit up front

DanTwoLakes 04-04-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrofc
NO money down means just what it says.. most shops accross the US will ask for a deposit up front

Yes, that's right, and with good reason. It only makes good business sense to get enough of a deposit to at least cover the amount of money I have to lay out for materials. Yes, I know that I can hold onto the vehicle until the owner pays me, but that doesn't pay the bills, and the finished car is in my way. 2 weeks is not a long time to wait to get paid, but most complete interiors are more time consuming than that. Besides that, a down payment shows good faith by the customer as well.

LSX Nova 04-04-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
Yes, that's right, and with good reason. It only makes good business sense to get enough of a deposit to at least cover the amount of money I have to lay out for materials. Yes, I know that I can hold onto the vehicle until the owner pays me, but that doesn't pay the bills, and the finished car is in my way. 2 weeks is not a long time to wait to get paid, but most complete interiors are more time consuming than that. Besides that, a down payment shows good faith by the customer as well.

That's a good point. I was just trying to get an idea, (ball park), of what it would cost to do the interior on my Nova. Bench seat with stock head liner, etc. nothing fancy. Door panels and rear side panels.

RGJ

DanTwoLakes 04-04-2008 02:21 PM

Front and rear bench seats, 2 front door panels, 2 rear side panels, 2 front kick panels, headliner, windlace, package shelf, plus the materials to do it and labor, right? The biggest factor is what kind of fabric you pick, and of course the "as long as it's apart can we............" (you fill in the blank).
I hate to quote prices on this bulletin board because there is no way to know what condition the car interior is in unless you can see it up close in person. ( It makes a difference if there's no headliner, or the door panels need to be made from scratch, etc.) My guess would be $3800 to $4500 in a 100% polyurethane fabric (like Ultraleather) as long as everything is straightforward. It would be higher if the seat foam needed a lot of repair or replacement, or the seat or back springs needed repair, etc., etc., you get the idea.

LSX Nova 04-04-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
Front and rear bench seats, 2 front door panels, 2 rear side panels, 2 front kick panels, headliner, windlace, package shelf, plus the materials to do it and labor, right? The biggest factor is what kind of fabric you pick, and of course the "as long as it's apart can we............" (you fill in the blank).
I hate to quote prices on this bulletin board because there is no way to know what condition the car interior is in unless you can see it up close in person. ( It makes a difference if there's no headliner, or the door panels need to be made from scratch, etc.) My guess would be $3800 to $4500 in a 100% polyurethane fabric (like Ultraleather) as long as everything is straightforward. It would be higher if the seat foam needed a lot of repair or replacement, or the seat or back springs needed repair, etc., etc., you get the idea.

Thanks Dan that is what I was looking for. I was just looking for a ball park price and that's what you gave me. I know the price is referenced to the condition of the seats, panels, etc. Just an observation on my part but if the foam isn't replaced in these old cars they will look good but smell like a wet dog. :pain:

Would leather add a great deal to the price?

RGJ

454 Rattler 04-04-2008 05:46 PM

Way to go, Dan !!

Thats all most of us want to know. A ballpark number. You might be surprised at how many of us won't ask for a price.

Don't ask me why. I don't know.

Now we need someone to step up with a price for painting a car. Maybe 2 or 3 different prices for different conditions.

Just a general price like you have done with interior work would be a huge help to a lot of guys, I'm sure.

Thank's again Dan. You are always very helpful.

454 RATTLER

kristkustoms 04-04-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
Yes, that's right, and with good reason. It only makes good business sense to get enough of a deposit to at least cover the amount of money I have to lay out for materials. Yes, I know that I can hold onto the vehicle until the owner pays me, but that doesn't pay the bills, and the finished car is in my way. 2 weeks is not a long time to wait to get paid, but most complete interiors are more time consuming than that. Besides that, a down payment shows good faith by the customer as well.

AMEN......

Redhot-30 04-04-2008 07:32 PM

I agree with Dan totally!

If I had a nickel for every one of my customers that had thought that it should only cost what THEY think it should cost, I'd be rich! Regardless as to what they want as a cover material, or "while you have it apart..." etc.

It has taken me many years to be good at my craft, but they think "all you have to do is...". If it is SO easy, why are they bringing it to me?

I do it all, design, (usually because they have NO IDEA what they want); build and create; and install.

I have come to the conclusion that my pricing is the filter, for the guy's that want it for next to nothing.

i am not, or ever will be again, the lowest price in town. I have worked hard to earn a decent wage, and a $7-10K price tag usually separates the talkers from the do'ers!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.