Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 14101083 Cylinder Head
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Whats goin on guys?? Have any of you ever used a chevy head # 14101083?? Im trying to figure out if they are worth using. I have had them sittin in the basement for a while now and if I were to use them it would be on a pretty much stock engine but only if they are worth using. Does anyone know the flow specs on these. Im wanting to know if these could make some decent numbers. There are tons of engine ID sites but I never can find info I need. Any help is much appreciated..

Thanks
This is the cast iron version of the Corvette/Z28, aluminum L98 head, you need to check the angle of the center intake bolts as this casting makes 2 part numbers one with the center bolts at 90 degrees to the mating surface for 1986 and earlier intakes it is P/N 10159552; the other is PN/10125377 for 1987 and newer intakes with the 72 degree angle between the bolts and mounting face. It is a decent head it is especially useful as a performance replacement for trucks that have TBI and Swirl Port heads as it is essentially the same as the SP head without the vane where the owner/builder doesn't want to go to Vortec heads with the attentive intake manifold exchange the Votec heads need.

These are a substantinal improvement over older the large chamber factory smog heads as well. Not as good as Vortecs and similar aftermarket heads , but not too trashy either.

Bogie