Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 14101083 Cylinder Head
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Gary View Post
It has been a 40yr partnership in a racing operation NOT all of it gravy train parts for sure.Some one dyno pull type heads in horse trading,but current tech.And certainly a ability to recognize the reason why they where valued as they where.We too have ported many,many,heads ourselfs.In the twilight of my racing career on the edge of retirement,I got to say I look back and know for sure all the hard work we did to get as far as we have.

I want and encourage everyone I come in contact with to learn as much as they can hands on.Thing is there are some basic's needed to get the results and I insist one of them is the home built flow bench.It is a step needed to be taken building a flow bench with returns that just can't be ignored.That is my suggestion to this O/P to do first.
That flow bench cost 800 bucks to build that price would easily cover the cost of porting. A good one that can be used for many heads over years of time will cost 1500 bucks and be well under spec for most actual flow benchs.

I agree a good flow bench is a big help. But not really needed to get started. Now after you got your tools together and know how to use the them a flow bench will start to be more useful.