Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 14101083 Cylinder Head
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
That would be something I would love to try for the set I just finished.....Google here I come.....
i built one long ago , so my memory is a lil fuzy but the basics are

u build a box u can bolt the head down to one chamber at a time and seal the box up good with some calulking on the inside , i used a 3inch speaker box port on my box to make it eaier to clamp the maf sensor onto .

but u can drill a 3 inch hole in the box and use a piece of 3 inch ex tubing as well and just glue/seal it to the box .

from there u clamp ur maf sensor onto that then u clamp the vac hose onto the other end of the maf .

be sure the maf sensor is oriented so that it reads flow from the box to the shop vac

i forget exactly which maf sensor to use but u have to supply 12 volts on one pin and 5 volts on another , one pin is ground and then u take ur reading with the dvom on the reminaing pin witht he dvom's positive lead, the dvoms ground lead just goes to were ever u have the maf grounded to more then likley ur 12 volt power supply

if this is something u will use a lot build the box out of steel instead as it will last alot longer from the continuous bolting down and unbolting of the cyl heads