Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 14101083 Cylinder Head
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
i built one long ago , so my memory is a lil fuzy but the basics are

u build a box u can bolt the head down to one chamber at a time and seal the box up good with some calulking on the inside , i used a 3inch speaker box port on my box to make it eaier to clamp the maf sensor onto .

but u can drill a 3 inch hole in the box and use a piece of 3 inch ex tubing as well and just glue/seal it to the box .

from there u clamp ur maf sensor onto that then u clamp the vac hose onto the other end of the maf .

be sure the maf sensor is oriented so that it reads flow from the box to the shop vac

i forget exactly which maf sensor to use but u have to supply 12 volts on one pin and 5 volts on another , one pin is ground and then u take ur reading with the dvom on the reminaing pin witht he dvom's positive lead, the dvoms ground lead just goes to were ever u have the maf grounded to more then likley ur 12 volt power supply

if this is something u will use a lot build the box out of steel instead as it will last alot longer from the continuous bolting down and unbolting of the cyl heads
Wow, thanks for the step by step. I really appreciate it and if it looks like I'm going to be doing more heads in the future I will actually give this a shot in the spring.
Thanks again
Dave