Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 144 blower on 350
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

F-BIRD'88....

BDS does not differentiate between the source of the compressed air, whether it be from a 6-71, 8V-71, 4-41, 3-71, 144, 177, Latham Axial Flow, air bottles (per Mickey Thompson) or whatever. And the camshaft has no idea who or what compressed the air and it does not care. All it knows is how to tell the tappet what to do based on the lobe profile.

So don't come here with more of your half-baked opinions, telling me that I took something out of context just because it seems that you will go to any lengths to disagree with me. Even when I try to agree with you and use some of your suggestions, you go the other way. Case in point was the blower on a BBC a few days ago. I suggested that the OP might take a page from your playbook and bolt a blower on the motor. You came right in behind me and said that the motor was fine as it was, naturally-aspirated. I guess what I'm seeing is that emotionally, you're a tiny little person.

You are transparent and predictable and if you want to start calling me on stuff again, remember, I can play the same game. I though that after I blew up on you the last time, that you would play nice and leave me alone. Do I have to start in on you again??????

from BDS....
"Choosing the proper camshaft would be the most important requirement for a blower motor. An improper cam will cause a variety of problems that can easily be avoided by following a few simple guidelines. Hydraulic cams are recommended if you intend to drive the vehicle frequently, requiring little or no maintenance, and the maximum engine RPM's are kept around 6500 or lower. Roller rocker arms are recommended. Flat tappet and roller cams are recommended for high performance applications especially where the engine will see high RPM's. Exact camshaft specifications vary depending on the performance level you wish to attain. BDS offers different types or stages of cam grinds specifically made for blower motors. Refer to camshaft specs listed in tech info for BDS' individual engine camshaft specifications and their intended uses.
If you wish to purchase your cam from one of the many fine camshaft manufacturers, we suggest using our camshaft specs as a guidline. Extremely high lift and long duration cams are recommended for high RPM, high performance racing only.
The lobe center of the cam will play an important role in determining the performance characteristics of an engine. Wide lobe centers (112 to 114 degrees etc.) will create higher cylinder pressure providing more horsepower with cooler burning fuel such as alcohol and methanol. We have found 110 lobe centers to produce the best overall power on gasoline.
Whatever cam you choose, make sure that it will operate and perform properly in the RPM range required for your application."

Last edited by techinspector1; 01-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.