Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 15" front tire fitment issue 85 elky
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 11:23 AM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

15" front tire fitment issue 85 elky

have a stock 85 elky

have 15x8" wheels 3 and 3/8"" backspacing

having a hard time figuring out what size tires to run on the front that will clear the front SS spoiler valence.

went from 237 75 15

to

225 70 15

to 215 65 15

the last ones will fit but there is a chance the tire may hit the spoiler when the wheels are turned to full lock

what size tires will clear these stock 80s SS elkies?

what are you running on yours?

why were there no 15" options on the 78-up el caminos? all wheels were 14" these years this model

why?

i see ppl running 15" wheels on these all the time here especially the old steel camaro rallies

no problem

what size front tires though??

before we stripped the car down and totally restored it. tarp is because my brothers s-10 pickup bed was next to it and fell over on it and busted out the glass haha, yeah it was fun putting a new one in, oh boy....:

day after putting in the rebuilt original 305 bored 030 over engine i personally built from scratch with my brother. and before beginnint to strip it to nothing for restoration. new seat, new dash, new door panels, new carpet, all new rubber everything on entire car, reset the quarter glasses, you name it..

we drove it around town in a lawn chair because the seat was at the shop getting rstored at the time:

thanks

Last edited by fast68; 05-22-2010 at 12:28 PM.