Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 15" front tire fitment issue 85 elky
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

well damn that sucks

cant believe 8 wide cant work ok

thats crazy

never have this problem on any other vehicle. so thats why i assumed it would be fine on this one

it figures that it had to be this particular vehicle that this problem occurs on...

hmmmm

well shoot

but i still dont see how it would make a diffference only 1" narrower wheels(only 1/2" narrower both sides of the wheel)if you dont change tire width height that only sucks in the width at the tire beads

and not the tread width, where it may rub the spoiler fascia whatever thing

so what the heck?

im just not seeing how rim width is gonna make tire tread move or clear the lip any better or differnetly.....

i dont like elkies any more now..... what a pita car......truck... thing... whatever it is..

i alreayd hated it when we went to start trying to find new parts for it and omg its a nightmare no one makes new parts that you need for these, wow..... you have no idea how much of a nightmare it is to find so many parts for these things wow..... it took about three years to finally find the last piece, except for a new oem style radio antenna in which we still have not found one of....

grrrrrr....

im glad i dont own it or id have shot the damn thing with a 410 or a 12 guage by now(i dont own a gun though) or put it into a tree or off a gravel pit ledge or something....

i looked up today on the carpart.com junkyard parts search site for stock wheels for these and they dont evne give an option for any 15" wheels at all.

only 14x7 plain steel, and the 14x7 s-10 style steel rallies these have,. like ours has, and both my s-10 trucks out here have...
why is that?
and on the door sticker of this elky its 14x7JJ

thanks again!

Last edited by fast68; 05-22-2010 at 07:16 PM.