Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 15 gal air compressor for priming engine bay
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkan View Post
Thanks for the great responses.

I am going to look at couple places for renting an air compressor.
If I can't find one for the job than I will take it to a shop and get it done. I thought a 15 gallon would at least do the engine bay in sections.

These guys rent 5hp gas air compressor. Does electric or gas air compressor matter for painting ?

Rental Equipment in Windsor supplied by Sunrise Equipment Rental & Sales
What matters more than anything is the CFM output of the compressor and how clean the air coming out of the compressor is...if your looking at a rental unit make sure that it has more CFM capacity than what your paint gun puts out. If your paint gun requires 12 CFM at 30 PSI, the compressor should put out 18 CFM minimum at the same PSI. The horse power rating doesn't mean a thing...Think of it like drag racing, if I'm running a car with 1000 HP and I'm racing a guy with 500 HP, all that matters is who gets to the finish line first...with a compressor the horsepower rating is what moves the pistons in the compressor head, it's the compressor head output that your interested in.

Gas, Diesel or Electric, what matters is CFM output and air quality.

Ray