18 and older are laughin at this while I get frustrated - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

18 and older are laughin at this while I get frustrated

Grrr, this is becoming pretty irritating for me now every time I want to buy a simple part or supply. Went to O'Riellys today to pick up some quarts of 40W for my el camino, got some teflon tape no biggie, buttt then I picked up some brake cleaner and THAT was out of line. Brought everything up to the cashier and he asked for my id and I was taken aback at first since they never did that but showed him and he was kinda holding the can of brake cleaner off to the side and I just thought ooooo nooooo not againnnnn... I've already experienced this with the whole "buying paint" situation and that already irritated the hell outa me but now they've included brake cleaner??? Apparently, whoever started implementing this age limit crap thinks that people will make crystal meth or some crap outa brake cleaner. I laughed at this thought but people probably are crazy enough to do that but they would acquire the can one way or another so this is pretty much another ridiculous age limiting. Oh, when I was talking with the guy at the register about it, he also mentioned that they put an age limit on windshield washer fluid... windshield..washer fluid??? Thank God I don't even have any fluid resoivoir for my car. Next thing you know they're gonna start trying to implement restrictions on the average car building/working enthusiast on what they can/cannot do... wait.. already forgot that they are thinking about it Guess I'll just have to wait another 5 months till my b-day or just walk up with my parents everytime I want to buy a can of crap since I'm not mature enough to clean something off since obviously I'll just snort it or turn it into a nuke and hold the nation for ransom.. Anyone else experience this or know of any other items that have been restricted to older and more mature people?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2005, 02:58 PM

Last photo:

So, they won't sell 1 can of brake cleaner to kid fixin' his car but they'll sell a case of it to an adult to make meth with. That makes a lot of f'n sense.

Larry
Old 12-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Yeah.........I agree. The last time that I got asked for my ID, it was for the opening of "Gone With the Wind"..................

Are things really that bad there that they worry about that stuff?.............Glad I live where I live, I guess.

Budget RVs
Old 12-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

I was in Wahlgreen's drug store a couple weeks back and saw a sign that said if the person didn't look 40 they would ask for id when buying cigarettes!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2600
I was in Wahlgreen's drug store a couple weeks back and saw a sign that said if the person didn't look 40 they would ask for id when buying cigarettes!!!
Lots of smokers don't make it to 40....................

Budget RVs
Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.

Last photo:

liberals—these are the same people who believe sucking the brain out of a partially born child does not constitute the death of a human being.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:

My friend already had something like this happen to him at a store. He just wanted a small can of dupli-color paint so he could match the paint of his lil molding that clips on by the window for his guage to the interior. Nope not qualified or mature enough.. We even did that little self checkout thing to try and get away with it but they came up as soon as he brought out the can and snatched it away. Could've sworn I heard someone yell, "TERRORIST!!" when he got the paint out My boot needs to go up someone's *** for making these bs rules. Not like I need money to go places, I have all the money in the world especially when business has slowed down considerably at the tranny shop and been unemployed for about 3 weeks. I don't mind going twice to the same place to bring my parents back when I can't buy things, I get 7 mpg. Not a big deal at all, I'll just drive 15 miles back the other way to pick up my parents but might have to fill up 30 bucks worth of gas to get a 2 dollar can of brake cleaner..
Old 12-24-2005, 08:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Are things really that bad there that they worry about that stuff?.............Glad I live where I live, I guess.

Crystal Meth production is going almost unimpeded by the police and DEA.

The government would rather bust people for smokin' pot and make yet another asinine law so kids can't buy brake cleaner and cold medicine rather than address the real problems.

Crack, Crystal Meth, Extacy etc., nothing of any relevance is being done about them. But you can bet the farm that come election time the sheriff will find a huge pot field somewhere. Funny how they never mention actually arresting the owner of the land where the pot farm resides. It's usually on county property.

Larry
Old 12-25-2005, 12:26 AM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

man thats regoddamndiculous.

I've been buying beer since I was 18. It's not hard to get what you want. You just need to look around until you find someone who won't card you. I would try a privately owned parts store.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldknock
Crystal Meth production is going almost unimpeded by the police and DEA.

The government would rather bust people for smokin' pot and make yet another asinine law so kids can't buy brake cleaner and cold medicine rather than address the real problems.

Crack, Crystal Meth, Extacy etc., nothing of any relevance is being done about them. But you can bet the farm that come election time the sheriff will find a huge pot field somewhere. Funny how they never mention actually arresting the owner of the land where the pot farm resides. It's usually on county property.

Larry
So that happens in Ga. also. It's humorous how the sherriff gets to cracking down at election time, like it's catch up time.
Our do-good-watch-out-for-us-legislators will be carding kids wanting a Big Mac before long, they make you fat, doncha know?
Old 12-25-2005, 09:14 AM

Last photo:

A couple years ago I needed some RTV for an emergency repair. Problem was it was 3:00 AM, I went to Wal-Mart picked up some red RTV went to pay for it. They said I had to be over 18 to buy a tube of RTV, I even called the manager. I finally found someone in the store that would buy it for me.

I know AutoZone and other local stores will sell me anything without ID because I have been going there since I was 13.

I still want to know why they wouldn't let me buy it. What did they think I was going to do with it?
Old 12-25-2005, 11:42 AM
mini me

Last photo:

when i was 17 i use to get carded at walmart when i'd try to buy paint, but at the same time i could walk across the street to the shell station and buy beer w/o getting carded

so i guess there more worried about vandalism than a drunk teen

J
Old 12-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Sure...lets card the hard working kid that is actually going to get his hands dirty when he goes in to buy brake cleaner...but lets not go after the kids that can go into any back alley and buy some dope.
Seems a little silly to me too.
The funny thing is 1/2 the people that are carding you for buying something in a store are only make minimum wage and spend 1/2 of their paycheck on weed and beer.
I will say it once again...we are living in a nation of sissies and crybabies.
Besides, if someone wants to go sniff some brake cleaner,kill some brain cells, get sick from it whatever...let em. Its not like they are buying it and going around shooting people in the face with it.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 12-25-2005, 02:56 PM

Last photo:

Not vandalism, huffing. Like sniffing glue but different.

As for the RTV, I couldn't begin to explain that one.

Larry
Old 12-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Heart Breaker and Life Taker

Last photo:

Hell,you could sniff gas and get the same effect. They wont card you for that. What gives with **** now days? Like age matters.....You could be 40 and do the same **** a 16 year old does.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.