Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 18 vs 32 inch purple hornies
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 11:40 AM
70 El Camino aka FRANKENSTEIN

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALGONEKATT
my 79 ford 302 is runnin p. hornies with 2 1/2" short pipes that dump right before the rear tires....pretty loud dude and thats with a fairly low compression ratio...but then again i live in the n. georgia hills so it dont much matter If you live in the city or are runnin hi compression you might wanna think about a more muffling muffler...those noise violations will add up....
im not sure what my CR is because its a 1970 block that came with 10.25CR but i really doubt that its never been rebuilt so i have no clue what the CR is i still need to get a tester. as for the sound police ive run open headers a few times and a cop was next to me at a light i took of normal and he didnt touch me nothing ran into a few cops with no pipes. im not saying they wont pull me over but every where i look a ricer is on the side of the road with flashing lights behind them. where i live theres a lot of ricer groups that street race all the time so a loud muscle car now and then compared to bunch of street racing ricers aint a big deal. and thats what a friend thats a cop told me. so im not saying that im invisible but around here its more of how you drive then how loud you are.

i read on another post that purple horines flow like crap... is that true???