Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 18 vs 32 inch purple hornies
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 03:48 PM
CM3 Terry

Wiki Edits: 0

i know this doesnt have anything to do with the hornies, but ive run a lot of glasspacks and i go more for the sound than the flow, i just never really cared for a long time, but anyways, i got a chevy with a 350 and burn out glass packs that hook right up the header flanges with a turnout right after the cab and u get that real ratty rippin kinda sound, the best way i can explain it is like the opposite of a deep throaty kinda sound. I have the exact opposite with the dodge i got, i got 3 inch straight pipe coming off the headers that runs into 4 1/2 inch stacks (no mufflers) and thats just a sweet sound, the closest thing ive heard is late models running on a dirt track. its just a wide open, big horse power kinda sound. but it is hooked up to a lil 318 so thats kinda gay and gets funny looks, but hell. i just like to be as loud as possible, and its kinda funny to have the exhaust fumes thrown in the drive through window at mcdonalds. anyways, just throwing my 2 cents out there