193 heads, best cam. - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I didnt relise that was a tag. My phone hylights random sentences if there is another forum about it. 600 for a pair ofxaluminum proformer heaes is good price. My only question is how cheap is the qluminum he is using. They look real thin. But I supose thats all questions for him. And with me. I dont mind running race gas. I wont be driving this vehicle much. Its a play toy. Maybe 100 miles a month if im lucky.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Old & Furious

I see mixed reviews all over the net but mostly about the valve train components not really the casting quaility i would bet at that price they started building the molds from another head. So the deck and gasket faces are probably a normal thickness. I think its pattens that make heads cost so much. Brodix is selling top of the line designs. These maybe not so good. Probaly a crap load beter than poor stock heads.

He states in his listing he uses all his own new parts to build them up not proform stuff. I also think he uses used parts mix and match with new in his rebuilt heads. Used valves are fine with new guides as long as they are not scared up or burnt.

I had to build a car that took race gas to know i didnt want a car that needs race gas. LoL 4-8 mpg 9 bucks a gallon plus a case or two of octane booster evry few months. Got to have that in case you run out of gas and need to fill up without race fuel. If it only get 4 or 5 mpg thats like 200 bucks a month. Thats a car payment you could get your wife a new car and she wouldnt care how much you spent on your truck. LoL

Not trying to tell you what to do just having some good conversation.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Lol Im not married. And im not all about a car loan. I have 5 vehicles and this is the last one on the list to get running so I can make room to start my motorcycle. It was getting 4mpg b4 I pulled the stock engin. It had 308 rears in it plus the od trans I was lugging and bogging everywhere. Ill probably get 10 now. And thats y I was hoping to use 882 heads with 72 cc chambers. I just need better than my 193. Next year ill get better heads. Just need to get threw the year.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:07 PM

Lol Im not married. And im not all about a car loan. I have 5 vehicles and this is the last one on the list to get running so I can make room to start my motorcycle. It was getting 4mpg b4 I pulled the stock engin. It had 308 rears in it plus the od trans I was lugging and bogging everywhere. Ill probably get 10 now. And thats y I was hoping to use 882 heads with 72 cc chambers. I just need better than my 193. Next year ill get better heads. Just need to get threw the year.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:55 PM

keep ignoring this thread,but I have to ask,,,why would you build a whimpy motor to run on race gas?700 horse power can be done with a small block and pump gas almost 1000 with a big block,all normally aspirated. 240 horse power v-8 that needs race gas is rediculous.

build a big engine and or long stroke engine for torque

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.