Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1930 Ford Model A coupe
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

As a new guy, just getting into street rodding you have to understand that there are many skill levels needed. Without knowing where you are on a skill set ladder, what you just asked is impossible for us to determine.

"Picking up a frame" is more then that. Do you want an IFS? an IRS? Fenders? Pinched '32 frame instead of an original repro? and the list goes on.

The thing that worries me is when a new guy, little background in rods decides he wants to join the hot rod 'fraternity' that he will become discouraged at how long it takes, how much it costs and ultimately that the project becomes just another swap meet piece of junk or the wife decides that she wants it GONE and the local junk yard gets what's left.

I absolutely do not want to discourage anyone, just want them to understand that these cars don't just happen, that it takes patience and perseverance as well as the time and money mentioned above. Of course, if you can afford to have someone else build it, go for it.....

Oh yeah, my '31 'A', it took 9 years to complete along with w-a-a-a-a-a-y more dollars then expected. And I'm still puttering (read as spending money/time) on it.

Dave W