Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1930 Ford Model A coupe
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
JS-70

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPay View Post
New to building my own hotrod. Just purchased 1930 Ford Model A coupe,all original.Body in excellent shape.Is this a car that could be made into a hotrod by a beginner like myself?
My first Hotrod was a 30 model A. I built that when I was much younger and EVERYTHING had to be fabricated, not like today when the UPS man brings stuff everyday. Sveral tools you also have today is the Internet, where almost anything you need to know is out there. I biult my coupe, boxed the frame, Hung a 1956 Chevy rear under it. Built a killer dstroked .030 over 400 for it and hooked it up to a Muncie 4 speed. Cragers, rack and pinion, seats and steering column from a 66 Mustang, So that tells you how long.ago. Get your vision what you want, do what you can do and take it one piece at a time. I hope you have the room finances and patience to follow through. There is nothinglike that first time around the block. Good luck, post pictures and ask questions.