Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1930u which valve covers to use
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:46 PM

Last journal entry: 1930u Windows are in
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
An upper end build or show car in the '60's might well have used the finned cover theme, so the type of build should be considered, but the thing about finned covers is they look somewhat out of place unless the 'finned' theme is carried on throughout, IMHO.

However the chromed "Firepower" or "Red Ram", etc. covers have universal appeal. And the Firepower logo is one case where I'd be proud to "advertise", unlike Edelbrock, etc. logo'ed covers.
Good points...I guess I'm thinking that 55 about 62 or 63 you saw a lot of fins. I really like that look. Then for my type application let's say the gasser/altered look 68 through the early 70's you saw pretty much anything but there were a lot of MT finned covers and the Donvans too on the Hemi's. I can try it both ways but I'll have to have two sets of plug wires if I use the stockers with the wire covers. I also have to decide if I'm going to add the crankcase breathers. Thanks for the input!