1932 &1933 Buick 4 dr interiors (street roads) - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2002, 05:46 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post 1932 &1933 Buick 4 dr interiors (street roads)

Can anyone help me as to were to buy headliner material and how to install it? I need help with door panels,etc also. I do have seats for the '33, but am wondering what salvage yard back seat would work in the '32. Thankyou

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

Hank, what kind of headliner material are you looking for? Look in JC whitney, they have some stuff. You can use almost any material you want for the headliner, just back it with some foam and put it up in. Doorpanels can be done simularly. Just get some thin backing board, from plastic to plywood will work, you can cover it with almost any fabric/leather you want with some adhesive and padding. If you need a bit more guidance let me know, glad to help. My e-mail is in my profile, or send me a PM.

HK
Old 09-26-2002, 05:49 AM

Halloweenking,Ive seen the J.C. adds, but thought I needed some bows, which I don't have and don,t know what they look like. I could make some. I would like the orginal bow look. Are you saying glue up the foam and then glue up the interior and to heck with the bows? Thanks,hank
Old 09-26-2002, 06:45 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

Hank, you don't have to glue the foam to the ceiling of the car, you could make bows out of a number of things to hold it up or make a abs plastic liner board to hold it up or about any number of things. Be creative. If you want the bowed loook just make some from either steel or T-6 aluminum tubing or solid stock, I've made a set out of both, the aluminumm works best for polishing and looking good. you could use stainless steel as well. I made some custom flamed shaped headliner bows for a local buddy a while back out of aluminum and the flames went windsheld to rear window with a spring for tension. Worked great, but I doubt your wanting anything that crazy, but its just an idea as to how creative you can get.

HK

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.