1935/36 Ford original interior - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 03:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1935/36 Ford original interior

Hey there. I hope this doesnt get anyone upset here, but I have a very original and almost complete barn find 1935 Ford Tudor Flatback which still has the original running flathead V8. Original paint/patina. I am ripping my hair out trying to find some(Missing) original upolstery for this car. I dont want a repo kit, I want to try and locate used pieces to make this look very original. Can anyone help me?? Are you rodding a 35/36 that I can maybe get your old parts? I have the rear side panels, but I need the door panels, seat material or your complete seats,frt & rears, headliner, floor mats/carpet and even the leather roof insert. I may have to go new on these. Dont want too...
My panels look to be grey. I dont care if the seats are semi-mouse eaten or some tears. Let me know what you have and lets go from there. The car is a survivor and I dont want to restore it or rod it. Just make it a cool drivable barn find. Thanks You. Darel Mattson. ********************** Sorry for Posting this in the wrong area. My Bad.

Last edited by Darelmm; 05-22-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: I see there is a Classified section. sorry for wrong area to post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

First of all Darel, it is against the rules of this web site to post your phone number or e-mail address to solicit parts or try to sell parts in the tech forums. If you want to do that, put your request in the classified section.

Secondly, what you are looking for is almost an impossibility. The chances of successfully replacing 76 or 77 year old upholstery pieces for your car with originals is slim and none. There are 5 different fabric combinations that were available in 1935/36. You won't be able to find the exact fabric that is in your car, much less take things like seat covers and door panels apart, replace individual pieces, and have them hold up. If by some miracle you did find seats, seat covers, or door panels good enough to use, the price of such pieces would be astronomical. There are places to buy the authentic replacement fabric for your car, but trying to find originals just won't happen.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 AM

Re-interior

I noticed later about the e-mail and posting in the wrong area. Sorry again. I figured maybe I might happen across some one who I could get the complete interior out of an older restored car or an original car thats being rodded. I figured they wouldn't be using the seats or such and if they removed the interior carefully it could be re-used.
I have run lots of classified ads about this with nil results. I've messaged people that have semi-complete/stripped mechanical or original cars that are forsale. You cant tell me that some one has never bought a nice original or older restored car and hotrodded it. What happened to the interior??? I know there are differences in the interiors. I've looked at alot of these cars.
Again sorry about the wrong post area, Darel
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Welcome to the site. You don't need to apologize, there was no harm intended and no harm done. I hope you find what you're looking for, but I'm not optimistic.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM
36 Dream

Last journal entry: The fire...
Last photo:

I have a seat and possibly door panels....

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.