1935 Ford Sedan IFS - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 19
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1935 Ford Sedan IFS

Where can I get the best price on a bolt in IFS for my 35 Ford Sedan? Also need a 9 in ford rear end 53 in width.

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,329
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
35 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick77
Where can I get the best price on a bolt in IFS for my 35 Ford Sedan? Also need a 9 in ford rear end 53 in width.
I'm sorry if I sound like a AH but you can look up the IFS for yourself, we are glad to help people, more than glad, but we don't like to do the leg work, and find the parts. That's why this thread is a month old, maybe some one will post where they got their's, then someone else will post they got one here for $5.00 less, so it's just as easy to look it up yourself, your the one that picks the one you want, and you already know how much you want to spend. Same for the 9" there are tons of parts for sale sites, just go to some and find a 9", you might not find one right at 53" but close.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2012, 01:11 PM
454 Rattler's Avatar
NEVER SATISFIED !!
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Eagle River WI.
Age: 70
Posts: 972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 22
Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
I'm sorry if I sound like a AH but you can look up the IFS for yourself, we are glad to help people, more than glad, but we don't like to do the leg work, and find the parts. That's why this thread is a month old, maybe some one will post where they got their's, then someone else will post they got one here for $5.00 less, so it's just as easy to look it up yourself, your the one that picks the one you want, and you already know how much you want to spend. Same for the 9" there are tons of parts for sale sites, just go to some and find a 9", you might not find one right at 53" but close.

Bob

That might sound harsh but, he's right. All you need to do is start looking around here and you will see what people think about each dealer and their prices. Don't take it wrong but, we are nice people and very helpful.

Good luck. Any other questions ?


454 RATTLER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 19
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Answer to Bobs Rudeness

Yes Bob you not only sound like one you are one. You did not have to answer my question if you didn't wan to. So being the AH that you are you chose to be as rude as possible and take your precious time to ridicule me for asking a very simple question. It would be a great idea if you would just ignore any question you do not deem as appropriate and especially mine as I do not need any help from you for any reason. Thanks for your precious time. Now please do me a favor and probably many others and just keep your mouth shut when it comes to posts you do not approve of. I joined this group for advice and help from others that like working on and owning old cars I am 78 years old and have never in all of those years met any one as rude as you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,329
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
35 Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick77
Yes Bob you not only sound like one you are one. You did not have to answer my question if you didn't wan to. So being the AH that you are you chose to be as rude as possible and take your precious time to ridicule me for asking a very simple question. It would be a great idea if you would just ignore any question you do not deem as appropriate and especially mine as I do not need any help from you for any reason. Thanks for your precious time. Now please do me a favor and probably many others and just keep your mouth shut when it comes to posts you do not approve of. I joined this group for advice and help from others that like working on and owning old cars I am 78 years old and have never in all of those years met any one as rude as you.
Well Dick We get guys coming on here everyday wanting us to tell them what they want, Not what they need. I can call up Mustang IFS for street rods and get a dozen. Why can't you. That's how we find our parts. If you would have asked about a certain one, or a company well that's a whole new ball Game. I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you if I'm rude or not, I started my last post so you would think not. But I guess you have pretty thin skin.

The people on here are the best Hot Rodders in the world, and many would have given you a answer like mine. We have a lot of knowledge here on cars, we are glad to help when ever we can, most of the question get so many answers it would make your head swim. But we really don't sit here with all the information on all the parts or IFS's, or bodies, that are out there and compare prices.

I could tell you what I have, someone else can tell you what he has, and so on and so forth, but if you can't see them or go to a show and touch them, you are right where you started. you are the one that makes the buy not us. There are many to choose from, If you have a question about one or some thing on one, that's different. We also don't know your budget, it's a lot easier for you to look them up and compare than us to throw things at you.

And if you have never run into anyone as rude as me, You have never been far from home.

Bob

Live everyday as if it were your last. One will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 19
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reply To Bob 1935 Ford

OK Bob I am sorry that I might have come on so hard but I take it very personal when someone in so many words saying I am or am acting like a AH. Yes I can spend several hours looking at all of the manufactures for the best item and the best price but I kind of figured which I guess is wrong in your eyes to ask people where they got there best item and or best deal. I love letting someone in on great deal and helping them out if I can. Guess I was wrong in figuring that most people were that way. Yes there might have been other people giving me the type of answer you gave but however you are the only one in all of the groups I belong to that did so. If I am wrong for asking for assistance maybe this net is not for me. You suggest that if I haven't met people that are rude I don't stray to far from home does this mean that every one out of my circle of friends is rude. I guess maybe we have a personality difference here. Why did you even answer my post if you didn't have something good to say? By the way I did get several great responses on other groups and have bought what I need. Thanks again Bob for your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,329
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
35 Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick77
OK Bob I am sorry that I might have come on so hard but I take it very personal when someone in so many words saying I am or am acting like a AH. Yes I can spend several hours looking at all of the manufactures for the best item and the best price but I kind of figured which I guess is wrong in your eyes to ask people where they got there best item and or best deal. I love letting someone in on great deal and helping them out if I can. Guess I was wrong in figuring that most people were that way. Yes there might have been other people giving me the type of answer you gave but however you are the only one in all of the groups I belong to that did so. If I am wrong for asking for assistance maybe this net is not for me. You suggest that if I haven't met people that are rude I don't stray to far from home does this mean that every one out of my circle of friends is rude. I guess maybe we have a personality difference here. Why did you even answer my post if you didn't have something good to say? By the way I did get several great responses on other groups and have bought what I need. Thanks again Bob for your advice.
Dick Go back and read my first post, I didn't call you a AH, I said I might sound like one. I had no reason to call you one, or would I call you one just for your question. Maybe I came across wrong, but this site gets so many questions that like I said they what us to decide what they want. Like asking if I should take my brakes off the car to go down the hill faster, I'm sure not going to tell you to. Same with the IFS, if you had questions about one kind or a company that makes them that's one thing. But yours was a pretty general question, if you had been on the site for awhile, and we knew more about you yes we could answer a general question, but when we don't know you, your likes and dislikes in a car we can't answer general question, sure we can throw things at you but to me that does no good either.

If you bought what you need, you must of had it before I responded, as your thread is almost a month old, and all the posts have been today. Maybe you should have posted that.

You don't have to leave because of one post, that went wrong on both ends. You might have something to share and I know people here can answer about anything thrown this way.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 19
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1935 Ford

OK Bob I did get carried away and maybe in my old age a tad to sensitive. I should have just let the post go and forgot it which I would normally do. Guess I got up on the wrong side of the bed and took it out on you without thinking. I decided to go with Corvette suspension all the way around on my 35 Ford. I have ridden in rigs with Mustang and with the Vett and the Vett to me has a bunch better ride and better steering. also the rear and front suspension is aluminum and polishes up real nice. I bought the entire Vett for 1000 bucks front suspension, rebuild-able engine, 700r4 tranny, a posi rear end and suspension and found a company that makes all the adapters and cross member kits or of course you can build the parts yourself. Have no plans to leave the group and I always ask about items because I see no sense in inventing the wheel, so called, when someone might have the information I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 AM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,329
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick77
OK Bob I did get carried away and maybe in my old age a tad to sensitive. I should have just let the post go and forgot it which I would normally do. Guess I got up on the wrong side of the bed and took it out on you without thinking. I decided to go with Corvette suspension all the way around on my 35 Ford. I have ridden in rigs with Mustang and with the Vett and the Vett to me has a bunch better ride and better steering. also the rear and front suspension is aluminum and polishes up real nice. I bought the entire Vett for 1000 bucks front suspension, rebuild-able engine, 700r4 tranny, a posi rear end and suspension and found a company that makes all the adapters and cross member kits or of course you can build the parts yourself. Have no plans to leave the group and I always ask about items because I see no sense in inventing the wheel, so called, when someone might have the information I want.
Good choice, I have a jag in my 33 3w. You got a good deal on that for sure.
good luck on the build and if there are any questions just ask, a little when you start a thread give us what you want. Like this thread went almost a month and I was just digging around.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 19
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1935 Ford

One more question Bob how do I delete this thread. I will try and be more specific if have more questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,329
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
#5 Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick77
One more question Bob how do I delete this thread. I will try and be more specific if have more questions.
The thread won't get deleted, we let everything run it course, but some times the mods will put it in the dump and then it more or less is deleted or locked. Just pm a mod and ask him if he will move it to the dump. Do it with a PM.

Otherwise it will just go into the archives, People can read it and see two old guys making idiots of themselves.

You have fun with that 35, post some pictures, and you have a good day and year.

Oh i'm not really rude, rough around the edges, well maybe.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 2.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	61721  

Last edited by 35terraplane; 01-11-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 19
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1935 Ford

Thanks Bob. Talk to you later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1935 Ford Sedan Delivery oldschool truck Introduce Yourself 0 08-10-2007 06:45 PM
1935 ford 2 dr sedan streetrod hotrod1935 Introduce Yourself 4 01-05-2007 06:46 PM
ford 1935 2dr sedan hotrod1935 Suspension - Brakes - Steering 3 07-19-2005 12:35 AM
Updating a 1935 Ford Sedan SkintKnuckle Introduce Yourself 2 09-23-2004 02:46 PM
Help from 1935-40 Ford sedan owners terryo Suspension - Brakes - Steering 2 03-15-2004 06:05 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.