Hot Rod Forum banner

1936 chevy two door sedan

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  timothale 
#1 ·
ive got a couple questions regarding a 1936 chevy two door sedan. Questions about mounting the body back on the frame and the wood involved. and some interior wood guidence. if any body has any info on these topics please write back.

#4 ·
chevy wood

KC Wood manufacturing makes replacement parts for old chevies, My son bought a basket case 36 chevy pickup, , most of the wood is not usable. KC was one of the places we found with google. I dont know anything about them. It will be a street rod and we will replace the wood with a steel tubing sub structure. I did all the wood for a Model T touring, about 30 years ago. I had a set of plans, spent a lot of time on the band saw and 6 x 48 belt sander. wood or steel ? depends on what you want to do with it. your tools and skills.

#6 ·
nice

ok i really appreciate the info on the wood replacement place. nice. yea we have just blasted and sprayed the frame body needs redoing. we r setting the body on the frame right now just getting a idea of how exactly it fits and find where any spacers that are needed that might have been lost. does anybody know where i can find a diagram on the whole car piece by piece? or just a step by step process on this topic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.