1936 Ford pickup bumper - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 10:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1936 Ford pickup bumper

I am looking for a 1936 Ford pickup bumper to use on the back of my 36 Ford sedan.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2006, 06:56 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

I have seen both the straight and "swayed down" bumper displayed in different pickup literature. The most common is the straight style on the rear of the Pickup. Is this the style you are looking for? If so, I might suggest you check with Mac's Antique Ford parts or Bob Drake's or Dennis Carpenter. They will all have reproduction bumpers, pickup and car. I do have one, but it is not available as long as I own my Pickup. The repro bumpers were under a $100 the last I looked.

Trees
Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Last photo:

36 bumper

I got mine from Bob Drake. Rock Valley also makes some nice bumpers. Rock Valley also makes short brackets if you want to bring the bumper in closer to the body. Bill
Old 03-01-2006, 09:24 PM
gmwillys

36 p/u bumper

35-36 Ford pick-up's never had a rear bumper as standard equiptment. If you see a bumper on any commercial vehicle, it was not designed for a comm. vehicle, and was most likely put on by the dealer on request, usually using a sedan or sedan delivery unit. So put on anything you think looks good.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:24 PM

36 Ford bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees
I have seen both the straight and "swayed down" bumper displayed in different pickup literature. The most common is the straight style on the rear of the Pickup. Is this the style you are looking for? If so, I might suggest you check with Mac's Antique Ford parts or Bob Drake's or Dennis Carpenter. They will all have reproduction bumpers, pickup and car. I do have one, but it is not available as long as I own my Pickup. The repro bumpers were under a $100 the last I looked.

Trees
Bob Drake gets $300 for the straight bumper and Dennis Carpenter did not know if they had one or not and did not know the price if they did.
I will try Mac's.
Thanks for the reply.
Bill
Old 03-02-2006, 06:55 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

GMWillys, glad to see a statesman that is older than I!! The Deluxe model pickups (commercial) had rear bumpers as well as two horns, two tail lights, two wiper motors and stainless windshield trim and slightly different interior door and window cranks. I am not sure about clock, ash tray and radios, which were available. Colors and paint schemes were what ever the customer ordered though there were standard Ford colors produced for show room sales.

Blyde, you may want to look at the shortened bumper brackets. The stock ones put the rear bumper too far back and makes a great shinn knocker. I shortend my own but they were car brackets. The truck brackets are two piece and bolt onto the out side of the frame rail and on the cross member while the car bolts onto the crossmember at the end of the frame rail. I can send you a pic if you like.

Trees
Old 03-02-2006, 07:58 PM

36 Ford pickup bumper

Thanks for the replies
I have shortened my car rear bumper brackets and I think they will work fine.
If not I have found repo short ones at an affordable price.
What I can not come up with is a affordable bumper.
Bill

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.