Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1936 Ford rear fender repair panel and running boards??
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 09:57 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

36 Ford Patch panel

Tech 69s' vid not woking for me woulda been nice for ya for sure! Maybe he can get it workin,,,,He is right on on the procedure tho (buttweld) & if ya can borrow & use a crimping tool @ the weld point that does make it a bit easier & a nicer joint fit..gives a nice little lip to slide under the original for the weld joint & ground smooth on both sides after welding...sadly most every patch I have ever delt with had to be trimmed to fit, measure 20 times & cut once..lol! just use what ya have to leave as much original as possible....Dinger has a great piece of advice on the reinforcement as this is a problem area for splitting. Good Luck & enjoy!
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H
I had recently purchased a pair of fender patches (EMS). And was wondering if anyone out there had some experience with installing these? They seem to be a bit larger coming into the wheel opening than they need to be and have a crease in them that does seem to suit any purpose on the 1936 application. Someone had suggested to me before that using as little of the repair panel possible was the way to go. I wanted to get some addition input before cutting anything. So information would be much appreciated.

I also discovered while checking for fit to the running board, after peeling up the rubber. That the running boards are also finished. I looked on Drake site and Mac's, they were surprisingly inexpensive. I am going to go with the covered boards again, but will opt out of the boards with rubber install and save a few bucks. My question is who's boards has the best fit? Or are they all coming from the same manufacturer?

Thanks, JimH