1937 plymoth, best donor car. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2002, 04:25 AM
Slider in Wa.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post 1937 plymoth, best donor car.

I know i asked this about 2 weeks ago. However i did get the 37 plymoth 4 door. I am currently persueing the title out of state. I am considering how , what, were and the why of what i want to do to this project. Could you guys ,once again tell me your thinking on donor cars for this 37 project? I am perty sure i will do the resto/rod thing. Unless some one comes along with really big bucks that has to have it.
Slider in Wa.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2002, 08:12 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

What parts do you want to scavenge and adapt to your rod?
Old 09-16-2002, 12:32 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

in the last couple months i have seen this question asked in both 4 wheel mag and in classic trucks mag. "what is a good chassis donor vehicle for my 55 chevy truck" and none of the editors had any answer other that go to the wrecker and measure frame widths, so there is no body of knowledge for this area unless it's from someone who actually did a frame transplant and good luck cause it'd have to be for the exact car you have. what i have seen universally is new body mounts and fender support bracket mounts have to be fabricated by suspending the body over the frame where you want it and i have seen it look good by people sectioning the stock frame and placing it on top of an old one (not so good) and building each side individually, like me, or by running a piece of square tubing across the frame from side to side at the right height and attaching the mounts to that. HAVE A NICE DAY!
P.S. YOU STILL GOT THAT MUNCIE & CUANDO QUESTO?

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>
Old 09-17-2002, 02:54 AM
Slider in Wa.

Last photo:

Bulliemer, I still got the muncie. I was told it was a rock crusher. However i can not i.d. it. It only has 4 numbers stamped in it. and no one can i.d. it with so few numbers. I was told it was a good tranny, and worth $500 with the shifter(Hurst). Because i can not i. d. it (other than Muncie) and can not garentee the condition, I have decided to sell it cheap for $300.00.
I have no idea what i want to do with the 37 plymoth. It just fell into my lap so to speak. It is stock and 90% here. I am currently trying to figure out some basic ign wiring . It ran and was driven home 6 years ago.I tore the starter down and cleaned it yesterday.Changed the oil and cleaned about 2 inches of crud out of the oil filter . Some one took a lot of the wiring loose and did not mark it. I can get a title in my name for about $189.00 out of Alabama. So i think that is frist. I am trying to find out what rear end will fit width wise . Guess it`s time to hit the bone yard with a tape measure. Any way at this point i am weighing the possibilites. Could just sell it and put the money in the 57 p.u. I don`t know yet.
Did you find a hood? I`m still lookin!!!
Slider in Wa.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.