Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1937 pontiac air ride problems
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1937 pontiac air ride problems

Hey everyone, I have a 37 pontiac streetrod with airbag suspension by air ride tech, I am running bag over leaf in the rear with a few leafs removed and bags in place of the stock coils up front with factory kingpin, knee action shock set up. The problem is, is that this car rides like crap. I drove it before the car was rodded out and it drove smooth as silk, now with the bags, its horrible. It doesnt matter what height I ride at, or what pressure I am running, its just bad, by bad I mean bouncing all the time, not a sloppy bounce like if you had bad shocks but a tight bounce, kinda like when you run too low and hit the bumpstops, but I know its not hitting them. I have been doing some reading and I have read that basically if you wanna use your car as a driver, then the you wont be happy with airbags, I heard they are good for trailer queens, which my car is not, I cruise at 70-75 on the hwy with all the other traffic and in whatever weather mother nature hands out that day. I find it hard to beleive that you can't get an airbag set up to ride nice, especially since guys are using them in muscle cars to improve handling. I have about had it with this airbag set up and I am about to rip the whole set up out and just run the car low and deal with the parking lots and speedbumps. Can anyone offer any advice??? Thanks, Jack