Hot Rod Forum banner

1938 5 window coupe rebuild project

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  moonshiner 
#1 ·
Hello my name is Daniel aka (moonshiner) in the forum. I am building a 1938 plymouth 5 window P6 Coupe....just wanted to drop in and say hello and any advice and insight you might have will be greatly appriciated.

#4 ·
moonshiner.... this is the introduction forum.

I moved your post looking for parts sources for your coupe project to the Basics forums :

Clik here

More folks will see your post in the proper tech forums. Not many read the introduction forum

#13 ·
Yeah the 38 Desoto has that little grille below too.

But the one I orginally posted listed on the site I sole the picture as a 37 Chyrsler is wrong but what exactly is it, because that IS the exact grille shell in your car.

It too has that little grille below the grille, interesting.

Your car could simply be a 37 Plymouth with a Desoto grille or it could be a Desoto with a Plymouth title. Is there a vin tag on the car or stamped number that matches the title?

Brian

#14 ·
There are no numbers on the car anywhere....I'm not sure the front end wasn't changed at some point. My headlights are on the fender not on the Radiator support. I am really interested in the correct Identification for this car.....the local sheriffs office said when it is complete they will assign numbers to it and for not to tag it with serial number on the registration since the original numbers are gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.