Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1938 Pontiac Sport Coupe
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

My Pontiac

It is stock as far as the body and frame. I had the knee actions in the front as well as the complete frontend rebuilt as opposed to replacing with newer technology. The rear end is a 12 bolt chevy posi from an early 70's chevelle. It has a 1966 chevy 327 (still 4" bore, std) but Elderbrock heads, holly 650 double pumper and a relatively mild crane cam with roller rockers. I learned the hard way about the heads needing oversized pushrods. When calling the company they recommend at least .100 but suggest that you do the work to get the valve geometry correct, what a hassle. The radiator is stock, although it has been recored, it even has a water core heater that will cook you. It is camel beige with dark metalic hunter green fenders and black head and tail lights. I disassembled the car to two tone it and put it back together with stainless steel hardware and all new rubber and welt. It has been a labor of love.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maggie Mae.pdf (176.5 KB, 137 views)