Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1938 Pontiac Sport Coupe
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Marcel

Last journal entry: Choo-choo town
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The Indian

Looks great. I did a 40 2dr sedan (chevy) I re drilled the rear springs to center the wheel in the center of the wheel well and moved the tie bolt through the springs.
I see the wheels front and rear are 5 lug, why 2 different wheels?
I also put in a mustang 2 front end under it. Cut and notched to fit the frame. made adapters for chevy rotors and caliber, and had to change the bearing. It was a big hassle and saved money, but was time consuming. If I had it to redo, I'd buy a bolt in kit. It drove great. The center of the axles, front and rear were level with the running boards. I did think about using 2 in, drop spindles.
I mentioned the running boards. That was the most expense part of the hole job as per size. A guy in Fort Oglethorpe Ga. ( Accup I think was his name) did them. He cleaned them, sand blasted, and re vulcanized them. Found the ss trim in Washington (nos). Total job was around $450.00 but they made the car look great. By the way it was flip flop pearl with black under hood, with a beige inter. True Spoke wheels 235 rear and 195 (vw tires) front (14in.) Mite be in my journal.
Take care, looking forward to hearing of you home and cruising the streets.