Hot Rod Forum banner

1939 Chevy Pickup seat swap options

15K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Newbie37 
#1 ·
I've heard that a Blazer/S10 bench seat would fit. Before I take the plunge, anyone ever try this/another size seat for their 1939 pickup?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
An older S-10, Ford Ranger, or Dodge Dakota will all probably work. You need to measure between the doors and then measure any possible newer seat to be sure.

#3 ·
truck seat

I have a 46 chevy truck which is basically the same size cab, I put in 1999 cavalier bucket seats and the console. The shifter and the emergency brake handle all are used. I also got the 3 way seat belts, the belts go thru the retainer brackets by the head rests. The cup holders, storage tray and under arm rest storage in the console is nice as the glove box in the dash can't really be used with air conditioning under the dash. I took out an astro van seat that I had in before so that seat fits also.

#4 ·
If I were you, I'd go down to the wreckers with the measurements of your truck cab in hand, and go for some much nicer seats then what were offered in the S10. Quite often wrecker yards get much newer vehicles that were in a bad accident. My buddy just landed a nice set of seats off of a 2009 Buick Rendezvous. Same price as some much more crummy seats that weren't have as nice.

You can also use the rear (bench or captain) seats off of a minivan, that should fit very nicely as well.

#6 ·
Nice trucks guys!
I have a 40 Chevy also.
I was doing some research and came up with this seat that might work good in our trucks.
I e-mailed them and they also sell extra material to match the seats so we can do the headliner, door panels, kick panels, etc. with.
I haven't measured my cab yet, but I think the 52" seat might work.
There here, http://www.discountvantruck.com/truck40-20-40lowbackseats/truckseatsCobraLowback.htm
Barry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.