Hot Rod Forum banner

1940 Chevy truck ifs

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  alittle1 
#1 ·
Hello hotrodders
I'm putting together a 1940 Chevy 1/2 ton truck and will put in a mII front end.
I'm not to sure which company to use and weather to use a power rack or not.
Ive been thinking that The truck with a small block etc. wont weigh that much so a power rack wont be needed.
What MII system would you recommend?
Thanks.

#2 ·
M 2 Power Rack

I have dealt with Chassis Engineering with great success, as a lot of my friends, have also. Good Company to deal with.

If you are putting in Sm. Blk. Chevy. I don't think you will need Power Rack, as the M 2 sits out futher, as to take weight off of front end. Now maybe if a lady is driving it, possibly you might need it. B B is a little heavier, and would be best to use a Power Rack.

#4 ·
Rack to use:

probird said:
thanks old dude
I agree that a non power rack would suffice.
Now to figure out what company to purchase said front end.
If money is tight, I have used Pinto, about same as M 2. The Pinto I used, was one off of a decent Pinto, spent a lot of time on cleaning it up, in order to be able to weld in.

Another one is a Volare, but they are hard to find. I believe the bolt pattern is same M 2.

Check on line to see the best price for name brand, Fat Man, Chassis Eng.; Heidt's, and ECT. There are some newer companies out now, but not to familiar with them.

The Filling Station specializing in Chevy. & GMC parts. www.fillingstation.com
Cruise On. :thumbup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.