Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1941-1942 Ford Frames - Dimensions
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Bob... take a look at this (smaller version of a large high res) of the 1941 Tatham Blueprint frame diagram. Does it look like the 1946-1948? Not in my Chilton book

The width of the outside rails at the rear (the turn inwards) are 41-1/2" while the 1946 is 38-1/8". The rest of the side rails seem to measure about the same at other points including at the front. The rear spring mount looks different too, and of course the X brace seems to be different. What do you think in comparison? Like I said, if someone has the 1941 shop manual with the Ford drawn frame diagram with dimensions, that would help us a lot!

Erix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
The 1935 to 1940 are all the same frame, just call up 1941 frame on google, unless I read something wrong they are the same. I have a 46 coupe, I think the only thing different on the 41 is they used a 40 style axle because it was not as wide as the 42 up, that is the front end was not as wide, sheet metal, if they changed anything they might have pinched the frame in front a little, but I have seen 46 front ends on a 41 with the 46 axle, like I said before the bodies are the same, a friend of mine just built a 47 with a 41 dash, and they were the same width, the frame on the 41 up had to be wider because they didn't have full running boards like a forty. Now this is just a guess and I can't remember, even tho I had one but a 39 Mercury might be the same, as they never had full running boards on Mercuries either, but that is just a guess, I wouldn't put money on that.

Bob