Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1941-1942 Ford Frames - Dimensions
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 03:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nope, Wescott doesn't have any plans to add any diagrams later that 1940 anytime soon.

For people who desire to use customized frames or something that "will fit", I can see your point. But for those who restore and seek points in competition, it makes a difference to have the correct frame under the car.

But many times you can't just use something that has a similar wheelbase as there would be too many alterations involved.

I felt my question was pretty straight forward and generic... I asked a question about the different frames and if someone could post the diagrams from the Ford Shop manuals so I (and others) could see the difference between 1941-1942. The reason for the use didn't seem relevant at the time.

Erix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
I wish you would have said what you were doing, as far as the bodies going on the frames, it will work just as it I said, But if you want every little change, go to this site. they have the fords from 1926 to 1940 in cars and 1941 in p/us which are the same as the cars. they do not list the 41 , but if you call Wesscotts I think they will help you, or you can call the Ford museum, they would tell you, I think.
When you post a question, make sure you have everything in it, I don't know every dimension on all the frames, but I do know what would work with what. That's what I was going to ask you this morning, is what you were doing.

Bob

http://www.wescottsauto.com/Tech/frame_specs.html#howto