Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1941-1942 Ford Frames - Dimensions
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1941 frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erix
Bob,

You make many valid points here. I was drawn to the Hot Rodders board because of a Google Search for the 1941 frame in which someone posted a question or project some time ago. With Google these days, it seems like forum posts are listed on their search almost immediately. I bet my post now will be available to search on Google within the hour.

But not to worry, my project does go beyond Ford and Chevy... in fact, I have "every" manufacturer from 1946-on and several makes pre war back to the early 1930's, including Hudson. I am still seeking the 1932-1933 Hudson and Essex models diagrams right now to finish the complete manufacturer's diagrams.

Thanks for understanding.

I have posted the same at the H.A.M.B. site to no avail so far though.

Erix
Erix Get a hold of the Hudson, Essex, Terraplane, club they would have all you need on the 1932-1933 Essex Terraplane. !933 was the last year with Essex in the name or being a car, It then became the Terraplane.

Your first question is on Google search. Good luck to you, you have quite a trip ahead of you,I'm sure that you will find that many of these cars, as a make have all this info in a club, I think you will be one of the few that have a big group of them all together, and rare cars well if you wanted to get into them, it could be a lifetime hobby or more, many blacksmiths, or bike makers of the day built one or two cars. Many towns across the US had car companies spring up, many carriage makers made cars, or just bodies for other companies. So you could keep busy for some time. Many I would not waste my time on, it would be neat to find out about the cars, but when only one or two were built, your time wouldn't be well spent.

Here is one for you, the Pan, I will even help you they were made in St. Cloud MN. Good luck and have a fun trip, learn as much as you can on each car, besides the frame, they will never make them again, those cars had class they weren't the cookie cutter cars that we have today.