Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1941 Chevrolet coupe - streamline train hood ornament
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 12:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have friends and relatives in Florida, and they are pretty happy there after growing up in Illinois. Growing up in the Midwest for most of my first 27 years, I also miss the seasons... especially Fall.

Here in Tucson, it is more like 8 months of Spring, and then for the next four months you do things in the evening. The heat sounds scarey, but after living here for over 35 years, I can tell you that 115-120 with 5%-20% humidity, is far better than 90 degrees and 90%!!! {:-(

At least I can say... no hurricanes, ice storms, tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, tsunamis or the other things that people have to live with.... just the heat, and some heavy seasonal rain. (Makes killer sunsets!) :-)

The only fishing in the southern Arizona is in stocked lakes. Hunting is pretty popular for the younger guys, and here it's done mostly in the mountains and high country, for bigger game. One of my sons is heavily involved.

Now that I've given my "Southwestern sales pitch" I'll say that real happiness comes from inside, and if you have that, you will be happy most anywhere. :-)

I would probably like living near a beach most anywhere. Right now I am doing a "wall-art" surfboard, to sell later. It's mine, so I get to chose the art. It's gold flake with the paint curling back to expose a beach scene, with Palms, surf, people, cars, etc. etc. Kind of a fantasy for me. We have lots of "beach"... just no water. {:-)