Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1941 Chevy 2-door saved from the crusher!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1941 Chevy 2-door saved from the crusher!

Hi,

My name is Dennis and this is my first time on this site.

I am looking for a source of information about working on and hot rodding my 1941 Chevy 2 door Master Deluxe.

I joined one other forum, but was told that it was mainly a purist forum and that I would find little help with my questions.

What I need to know at this point is what newer model vehicles have frames (116" wheelbase) that I can put under my 41 and what type of modifications were needed, were some particular models easier than others?

I was told that I should just use the original, but there is the rub. The original was destroyed by the previous owner, so all I have is the body shell. I need a frame anyway before I can go any farther, and would like to upgrade to newer brake, suspension, etc anyway.

Any info, tips or other websights I can investigate will be greatly appreciated. A little history on my 41, I picked it up because the guy had torn it down completely and sent it to media blast, then brought it home and there it sat in storage for the last 7 years until his wife started on him about getting rid of it.

It was headed to the crusher when I was able to obtain it. Now I want to spend the next few months working on bringing it back and first order of business is getting a frame under it so it will roll.

Any and all help will be appreciated!!

Thanks, Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1436.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	873.6 KB
ID:	66267   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1440.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	779.1 KB
ID:	66268   Click image for larger version